Man these guys slay and bring some quality flavors to the table with every new offering (if you can ignore one album, I'll have you figure that one out)

I really dig that riffs are not separated from mysticism and occult here. Riffs and rampage drums pervade their releases and all the witches thrash to that classic Metal sound. Mercyful Fate styled tendencies at song dynamism with varied tools and story telling structures are welcome here. Not complex, interesting! I prefer one over the other when it comes to black cauldron brews...

Do you like your bass players to give a damn? Hoo-boy, tune in! So many wicked leads as well that are given the Heavy Metal treatment of serving a purpose beyond just speed fuckery. And harmonies! Vocals can come from all directions and never suck. I dig the witch highs and incantation lows and everything inbetween.

These guys are characteristic and special. Immediately identifiable with a lasting legacy.

Any fans? I worship All The Witches Dance and Tolling the 13th Knell on a regular basis!

ROMAN JUBILEUM!... Triumph of illusion. Blood Sectarianism, violence explosion.
LIAR JUBILEUM!... Of cadaver religion I need other things, want to celebrate.

Check out how awesome Laylah is... that riff comes out of nowhere and never lets you go!
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Aug 6, 2016,
Wings made of wind slowly slowly daze, reddish thin fog aura of the moon.
Leave this charm unwind tonight, sylphes on somnambulist's shoulder take themselves.
Laughing and make fun.

Laylah!

And fuck what a closer Lantern is!
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Last edited by VampireGoldfish at Aug 6, 2016,
Yeah I am somewhat a fan, one of these bands that I know is great but I just don't listen to them anywhere near as much as I should, and for no good reason. I'll chuck on All the Witches Dance right now.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
All The Witches Dance, Secret Sudaria and Tolling the 13th Knell are fucking ace. Highly recommended you try each really. I'm a fucking loon for Tolling.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Do you like your bass players to give a damn? Hoo-boy, tune in!

Before you know it we'll be letting the negros shit in the same toilets as us. Disgusting.

I'm 'bout to sound like such a fucking idiot, but this whole time I've gotten Mortuary Drape mixed up with Deceased. The reason being that both bands have the dead/dying old lady as an album cover(which aren't similar at all, thus me being an idiot) so I thought it was just all Deceased.

Listening to Astral Bewitchment and it sounds pretty fun, love the little bass licks.
I don't know why these guys overshadow the true gem from Italy - Necromass. Step up plebs
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
I dig Abyss Calls Life. Pretty different stuff and I don't think either are overshadowing the other in any circles anytime soon hah. Both very dynamic outputs, though.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Favourite is All the Witches Dance. It's a wonderfully unique album that forms itself from the dreary mist in tombs. It's the occultism vibe that runs through most Italian metal and Mortuary Drape have that feeling in spades. I was thinking Goblin as a pretty apparent influence to most of the Italian scene, and at least Mortuary Drape were into them:

We appreciate old school metal as Mercyful Fate, Slayer, Celtic Frost, Bathory, but also less famous bands into dark prog metal, or bands like Goblin. Even if we appreciate all these bands we always tried to get our own personal sound... Some people say we did it and it is a big compliment.
Where did the inspiration for your classic winged logo come from? Our first logo was completely different. Then during the 90's we received some sketches from a friend and at the end we chose the one that everyone knows, it was perfect. Thanks to this eternal artist, ciao Roberto.

http://www.brutalitopia.com/2014/12/exclusive-interview-wildness-perversion.html

Another interesting tidbit!

In Italy we never had something like the norvegian or swedish scenes. What inspired bands during the 80/90’s is different, it’s tied to your land, your land’s history (magic and exoterism). Several italian bands have something different from the rest in Europe, we have a lot of mysterious stories in Italy and we always searched inspiration in the most simply things: nature and personal experience.

http://www.queensofsteel.com/2004/11/mortuary-drape-eng/

He likely means esotericism, but who knows. Anyways, always found that to be a selling point for their music. Having that cultural influence directly being used within the music, it's incredibly prominent within the italian metal scene in general.
Necrobumping this shit. Secret Sudaria has been on regular rotation for me in the first half of the year at least. Monstrous album, but their discography in general has very few misses. Admittedly I'm somewhat late to their party in the grand scheme of things, but instant convert to their sound. The bass playing is definitely a standout quality, too

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM