Hey, so I have some issues with alternaten picking, and want to improve. Not just speed, but with it, the overall sync and flow.

Riffs like the one in Hourglass by Lamb of God or the bridge in Mastodon's Tread Lightly. The fast multiple string hybrid picked riffs.

Can anyone point to some lessons or some exercises that will help me improve?

Thanks!
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Tons of instructional videos on youtube, of varying quality. I'd suggest checking there. I've found a lot of stuff that helped my play over there.
Yeah, there probably are, I was just hoping that somebody knew some good quality ones, so I wouldn't have to sift through them
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Krieger91.
Everything Paul Gilbert ever

Intense Rock, Terrifying guitar trip.. Every little 5 minute YouTube clip that there is. Watch Marty Friedman's Melodic Control. As it gives a certain degree of applied music theory/tonal awareness to lead playing in a very digestible manner.

PG formed the backbone for my technique when I was a teenager, then I began to expand my ear a little bit more and pull things from other players. He's one of the most accessible teachers out there tbh. Also Freepower/TheShred201 have quite a brevity of compiled shit in this section of the forum if I'm not mistaken.
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ