Israel is an evil rogue state and should be wiped off the map
4 16%
I favour a two state solution
17 68%
Palestine are terrorists and should just get over it
4 16%
Voters: 25.
Page 1 of 3
So I see a lot of people take a very black and white view of the Israel/Middle East conflict. I lean towards siding with the Palestianians on this issue but I understand why Israel has a claim to the area and I think after so much time they have as much right to the land as the Palestinians so ideally a two-state solution should get over it. However many on the left just absolutely seem to hate Israel and treat them with the same inhumanity that the Israeli military can sometimes regard for the Palestinians.

What are your thoughts?
My thoughts: eugh.

I can't stand discussion with either camp. It's like all pragmatism and empathy fly out the window as soon as this topic is brought up, propelled by the ideological purity and historical victimhood of either while considering none in the other.

So yeah. Eugh.

Ideally I'd favor a single state solution, but everyone's an asshole so two-seater ride into assholedom it is.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Aug 7, 2016,
The best option is to just get rid of both of them honestly.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Hai remember that time when Britain gave Palestine to Israel?
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Stop re-electing Netanyahu ffs.

My understanding is that majority of the pro-Zion/unified Israel argument is based on the religious reasons found in the torah (apocryphal second coming stories, etc), and if it's true, I fundamentally cannot agree with that.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Three state solution is needed. I am against Israel claiming more and more ground, but I am not against Israel per sé.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I read somewhere that if they created the map in 1948 of the area according to what "Lawrence of Arabia" said they should the area would be better off as a whole. But I don't know shit about it to really comment and don't care either way tbf.
The creation of Israel was nothing less than a crime against humanity in my opinion. I don't advocate wiping the people there "off the map" though. I do think the USA should hold Israel to it's treaty obligations regarding the Palestinians, which it's never honored. I think we should cut them off all US economic aid immediately and apply sanctions until they comply with the international agreements they are signatory to.
Last edited by TobusRex at Aug 7, 2016,
Quote by theogonia777
The best option is to just get rid of both of them honestly.

I came here to say this. Let's face it, if Palestine and Israel were both destroyed all the aguments about them would be end and there'd be peace.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by TobusRex
The creation of Israel was nothing less than a crime against humanity in my opinion. I don't advocate wiping the people there "off the map" though. I do think the USA should hold Israel to it's treaty obligations regarding the Palestinians, which it's never honored. I think we should cut them off all US economic aid immediately and apply sanctions until they comply with the international agreements they are signatory to.

The US's most powerful middle Eastern ally should not be alienated.
speakin o' israel

halva, hmu
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
They should just get along and stop being dicks to each other cuz at this point neither deserve the land

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Rossenrot
Which country would you rather be gay in.

Palestine because I swear to god I am NOT wearing a little round cap over my totally fabulous new hair do
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by Rossenrot

Palestine so that I could imPale some Steins (so really israel).
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
(sigh). Well, since this thread has fallen to pieces I guess it's okay to toss a mildly offensive joke out there:

Why are Palestinians such good football players? They really explode off the line of scrimmage.
We can't totally abandon (((Israel))) because they're an important ally but my heart's with the Palestinians.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Rossenrot

Are you shopping for a new home for after November
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I favor a single secular state where both Jews and Muslims (and anyone else) are equal.

I would also like a pony.
Quote by iwannabesedated
I favor a single secular state where both Jews and Muslims (and anyone else) are equal.

I would also like a pony.

If you get a pony try to avoid Mexican ponies....they rape other ponies.
ideally there would be a one state solution with two 'constituent countries' and a federal city (jerusalem) similar to belgium. but lol best realistic solution is a two state solution.

I do not know how anyone can be supportive of israel's occupation of the west bank and the siege/blockade of gaza. i 'support israel' but there's no reason for why anyone should have the whole thing when they've all got valid claims to at least some of it. britain/the un never gave israel the right to all of it, so i wish people would stop using that argument. they've already violently taken a lot more than what they were suppossed want. israel building settlements on palestinian land (for no good reason other than 'fuck you') while killing civillians and then watching netanyahu whine to the un that israel is being oppressed cause nobody really wants to is kind of dumb.

I like palestinian terrorists even less, but that's not an excuse for israel to encroach further on their land and basically enforce collective punishment. if the israeli government stopped stirring shit up they'd have far fewer enemies so what even is the point?
I honestly don't know or care
My God, it's full of stars!
From what I know in the subject, which is very little, spans about as much as Louis Theroux's zionism episode shows... Doesn't seem like peace will ever be on the table from what i've heard.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but Israel was originally occupied by the Jews who were then invaded and murdered by Islamists? And zionists want the land back because its their so called holy land but because the Palestinians have occupied the land for so long they don't want to give it back.

If that is the crux of the issue then yeah, never going to end in peace.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Nero Galon

iirc crusaders killed more jews than the islamic empire at the time did and they had a more violent history with the greeks and romans than they did under islamic rule
I'm always indecisive in conflicts about land and states regarding who to support. Stuff like some places wanting independence (Catalunia, Tibet, etc) and other land conflicts like the Israel vs Palestinia one.
Like, they are arbitary entities and lines. The cities will be the same, the people living in them will be the same, but you just call them belonging to one country/state or another. Like, it only matters if the cultural differences between each "state" are big enough to let people feel better about belonging with "their own", or letting them create a much different political system (have completely different laws, etc).

I would think that ideally the Earth should have states with equivalent power (e.g federation), formed with more nested states with relatively smaller power, making it so that the smaller states can easily shift between bigger states depending on the people in it without a fuss. People change and culture changes so statehood should able to change swiftly and peacefully based on them.
But yeah that's kind of impossible so whatever I don't care that much. Choose the pragmatic option that will end the conflict and be accepted by the greatest amount of people and let it be. The people that care deeply about it will eventually die and in 100 years nobody will care about the "land conflict" and you'll have some peace (not taking into account the whole "holy land" stuff, which, yeah people should kind of get over)
You can be pro Palestine without wanting Israel to be wiped off the map. It's statements like that which allow Israel to continue their Palestinian oppression under the impression that any alternative would see them get the same treatment they dish out.
Quote by TobusRex
The creation of Israel was nothing less than a crime against humanity in my opinion.

Why?

How are/were the majority of national borders created? How is this different?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Why?

How are/were the majority of national borders created?

Quill
How is this different?

Ballpoint
Page 1 of 3