Been in the market for a 412 cabinet to use with a 6505+ head I got cheap second hand and I'm having a hard trouble finding something without breaking the bank.

I know it's not going to be an amazing cabinet given the price but I've listened to a few demos of it on youtube and it sounds surprisingly good, even giving some sounds that can be comparable to some Celestion V30 fitted cabs like Mesa and ENGL.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with these cabs? Are they poor quality or something? I'm hesitant to buy one because the price vs performance of it seems like a "too good to be true" situation.

Some local prices for reference (all new):
Peavey 430A - $400
Peavey 6505 Slant - $900
Marshall 1960A - $1200
Mesa Rectifier Slant - $1600
Go used. Paying new for a cabinet is silly unless you have no other option.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Go used. Paying new for a cabinet is silly unless you have no other option.

There isn't a massive used market where I live. I've literally had this head sitting on my desk doing nothing for a month because no good cabs have come up second hand, just people wanting $50 less than new price for their 6 year old ripped to shreds cabs.
Where are you located? Does it have to be a 412?

If you're from Europe, Harley Benton cabs are super cheap and they're decent.

Alternatively, look at Orange. Although they are similarly priced to Mesa in the US.

With that said, $400 is crazy cheap for a 430A, but I'm not a fan of Celestion Greenbacks. For me either either go V30 or go home.

IIRC, the Greenbacks are only rated at 25 watts each. That's not going to be compatible with the 120 watts of a Peavey 6505+.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 7, 2016,
i would never buy a new cab either. plus i am less than impressed with peavey's speakers.

also i agree that you probably don't need a 4x12", a 2x12" is a great option, but i personally like 4x12"s myself, and i have at least ten cabs.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i would never buy a new cab either. plus i am less than impressed with peavey's speakers.

also i agree that you probably don't need a 4x12", a 2x12" is a great option, but i personally like 4x12"s myself, and i have at least ten cabs.

Well not everyone has a healthy used scene Really wish I had of bought a used Recto mini cab at my local L&M a couple months ago.

@gl0rp, you're probably going to want to team the 6505+ with V30s. Where are you located? I'm actually thinking about finding a used Traynor, they are pretty good deals used and built like tanks.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs