Heya folks,

I have an opportunity to pick up an inexpensive ibanez and amp from a family member who bought it, and then never used it. If your familiar with my newbie budget thread, I'm still doing that. But, this is kind of in addition. The problem is that I'm not sure what to offer. I know it hasn't been played much, and though dusty, and in need of some servicing, has been kept in good shape.

SA Series Ibanez
S/N w630869

Amp is a Traynor ReverbMate 40 (which appears to be out of production now).

I've gathered the S/N indicates it was the 869th guitar made at the World Factory in 2003.

Any help you guys could offer would be appreciated.
Search Reverb and CL, see what other similar gear is selling for, get in the ballpark. Pretty tough to appraise something sight unseen.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Aug 7, 2016,
What model Ibanez? I'm going to go ahead and say that the ReverbMate is not going to do the metal sounds you want dude.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
$200
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Quote by dementiacaptain
What model Ibanez? I'm going to go ahead and say that the ReverbMate is not going to do the metal sounds you want dude.

Oh for sure, I'm not talking about getting it instead of the 6505. I'm just thinking about picking it up in addition to.
There's a TRM-40 used at Guitar Center for $80, and that's probably more than I'd pay.

There's also an Ibanez SA160 for $140. (If that's what it is?)

So...not very much.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin