So I have a "Strat" made by a local luthier, a Derfenstein DST. I dig it, it has a rosewood body and I put some Fender Noiseless pups in it, it sounds awesome. My only issue with it is I'm not a fan of the neck.

I've been digging and I think I want a "soft V" neck so, where do I go from here? Are "strat" necks pretty universal? Can I simply order the neck I want and swap 'em out?
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Depends entirely on the luthier himself. Fender Strats all use the same neck pocket, your luthier might use the same or he might not, you'd have to ask him. Or you could measure it, if you've got sufficiently precise tools.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Aug 7, 2016,
I did talk to "Derf". He said another guy does the necks for him and that he gets his supplies from stewmac, so I assumed that its just the typical "Strat" neck pocket. I guess I could call him to clarify I'm just not sure exactly what to ask and worry bout pestering too vaguely, especially when its as simple as that. I'd rather pester anonymous strangers online if its something simple and I'm weary of nothing.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I can relate to that particular preference, but said anonymous strangers online would need a good ruler and your guitar to answer that question. I found a picture of the model, and it looks like the hardware (most importantly the pickguard) is the standard deal which points to the neck heel being the usual standard size, but that's largely speculation.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
I can post a pic of the specific guitar if that would help.

I guess my plan is to buy a neck and hope for the best, lol. If I run into any problems I'll take it to a tech. I've just never swapped necks before. Thanks for your thoughts, wish me luck, lol.
I would measure the neck dimensions you have now and get the neck that matches those
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/