This is just something I been thinking about. Ibanez's very common with Shredders. Fender very common with blues and country artists (and yes I know at least one or more shredders). Gibson Les Paul used by all.

But what I find interesting and this is after watching videos and etc. if Ibanez's high end guitars are that good to the point you can shake the whammy bar so hard that it still does not go out of tune, and also no matter the guitar it's really the electronics that control the sound (unlike an acoustic where it's the wood/design) why buy anything else than an Ibanez?

Meaning, if I can get the sound (for example) I would normally go for with a Fender but Ibanez's you can beat them to hell and still stay in tune, I just need to adjust the electronics for the Fender sound, why not just stay Ibanez?

It's not to start an argument, just a thought that is my head and I could be completely wrong. But if I am not, again why go elsewhere other than just liking other brands?
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
Because a properly set up trem will stay in tune. Doesnt matter if its ibanez or jackson or fender. Sure a vintage style trem wont hold tuning as well but you can get fender with locking bridges and some people prefer how other guitars feel.

So yes there are reasons why you dont just need an ibanez.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Because a properly set up trem will stay in tune. Doesnt matter if its ibanez or jackson or fender. Sure a vintage style trem wont hold tuning as well but you can get fender with locking bridges and some people prefer how other guitars feel.

So yes there are reasons why you dont just need an ibanez.

Fair enough. I still prefer a Fender and/or a Gibson Les Paul but that goes with my style of playing. But Ibanez's well certain ones I find very appealing.
Last edited by fingerguy at Aug 8, 2016,
Because different people like different things.
Why buy a BMW when a Mercedes is super reliable? Because some people prefer the way a BMW drives and looks. Same argument.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Fuck, what Mercedes do you own that's reliable?

Usually people buy bimmers cause the cars are still a bit fancy but are still sporty and dont drive like you're on a cloud with 2000 degree steering. So if you are more sports minded you go BMW and if you are more concerned with comfort then you go Benz.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Screw that....SUBARU WRX!
a lot of people like different neck profiles

plus a lot of it is fashion
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Fuck, what Mercedes do you own that's reliable?

Usually people buy bimmers cause the cars are still a bit fancy but are still sporty and dont drive like you're on a cloud with 2000 degree steering. So if you are more sports minded you go BMW and if you are more concerned with comfort then you go Benz.

I have never owned one but one of my ex's dad owned a full fleet of the things and I don't think he had any problems with them ever.

I agree though, I have always been an M3 guy instead of a C CLass guy.

The SLR McLaren is sexy though.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
Quote by N1ghtmar3C1n3ma
I have never owned one but one of my ex's dad owned a full fleet of the things and I don't think he had any problems with them ever.

I agree though, I have always been an M3 guy instead of a C CLass guy.

The SLR McLaren is sexy though.

My family has been a Benz family for as long as I can remember. In my experience they break down more than an angsty teenager in their second year of high school.

The SLR McLaren is pretty sexy. I'm more of an SLS guy if we're talking straight looks though. Reminds me of the old Ulenhaut and that thing was amazing looking.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by fingerguy
Fair enough. I still prefer a Fender and/or a Gibson Les Paul but that goes with my style of playing. But Ibanez's well certain ones I find very appealing.

Style of playing or just style? The Ibanez could probably do your style of playing but you prefer the Fender or Gibson which answers your question.
This is a really silly question.

As has already been said, why doesn't everyone drive the same car, own the same house or follow the same career path? Pragmatically all cars, all houses and all careers serve the same purpose in some way or another, right?

Guitars aren't just tools/appliances. Guitar playing is an intrinsically motivated activity, so the guitars that we like are going to be evocative of our ideas and how we feel,. So of course not everyone is going to own the same thing.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 9, 2016,
^that

I love my Ibanez shred machines, I love my squier bullet strat

I love my Jackson shred machine

I love my fender acoustic (eh)

I love my lanikai tenor uke

I love my epi G-400

All serve their purpose, and evoke a certain expectation for a musical approach when you look at the guitar. Generally I drift into technical wankery regardless, but the musical approach to the wankery is always influenced by my emotive approach and the physical limits of the guitar
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
I have several guitars by different brands more Jackson than anything because I have just alway loved the headstocks, I have one Ibanez, a Dean, BC Rich, Schecter, Washburn even a old 1987 Kramer, they all have their good points and all are different in their own way.

I love Jackson guitars but I wouldn't intentionally own them exclusively.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Evilnine

Might be my old Kramer. God I hated that guitar.
SpiderM
Both.
Quote by fingerguy
Evilnine

Might be my old Kramer. God I hated that guitar.

Was it metallic pink

Seriously tho I love mine Duncan JB and OFR, although it is a tad on the heavy side.

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by fingerguy
This is just something I been thinking about. Ibanez's very common with Shredders. Fender very common with blues and country artists (and yes I know at least one or more shredders). Gibson Les Paul used by all.

But what I find interesting and this is after watching videos and etc. if Ibanez's high end guitars are that good to the point you can shake the whammy bar so hard that it still does not go out of tune, and also no matter the guitar it's really the electronics that control the sound (unlike an acoustic where it's the wood/design) why buy anything else than an Ibanez?

Meaning, if I can get the sound (for example) I would normally go for with a Fender but Ibanez's you can beat them to hell and still stay in tune, I just need to adjust the electronics for the Fender sound, why not just stay Ibanez?

It's not to start an argument, just a thought that is my head and I could be completely wrong. But if I am not, again why go elsewhere other than just liking other brands?

Ibanez is a good brand and seems to be universally available. The core of Ibanez' bridge design came from Floyd Rose, and is available on virtually any guitar with the same results. While you can buy the same electronics to put on any other guitar, they don't necessarily sound the same from guitar to guitar.

There are a LOT of differences (some seemingly minor) between guitars, even within a particular brand, even within a particular type of guitar. The way a Gibson SG hangs in the strap places the frets in a completely different position relative to the left hand than an LP. Everything seems pushed to the left, and the guitar can often be neck heavy. The thin body reduces the neck/body transition nearly to an after thought.

But the Gibson LP's neck meets the body at the 16th fret in an extremely clunky way, with the point of the thick body making a 90 degree angle nailing your fretting-hand palm as you move up the neck. A Gibson Axcess LP has a smoothed and sculpted neck heel which makes upper fret access a lot more comfortable than on a standard LP. In addition, it's got a tummy cut, a thinner body than standard and it's weight relieved, all of which makes it lighter and more comfortable than a standard LP. That and a Floyd Rose trem (the Axcess is available with and without) make the Axcess far more acceptable to someone who spends a lot of his time in the upper fret region.

The cutaway width on an LP, however, might be objectionable to someone with large hands, who would be forced to rotate his hand to access those upper frets, and he might also wish for a 24-fret neck, and he might also want a full-thickness LP-sized solid body and/or neck-through construction for its sustain properties.These are specific construction and design items that Gibson doesn't provide, but are available on guitars from another manufacturer, such as Agile or Carvin.

The player might prefer the look or the feel or sound of different woods, such as koa, walnut or maple in the body or neck of the guitar. I have a guitar that has a solid single block of maple burl for the body, a five-piece neck made of maple and purpleheart, an ebony fretboard, a specific neck shape. It has a smooth neck heel, a set of Bartolini active pickups, a re-imagined Varitone, etc. -- nothing like that is available from Ibanez, and the guitar doesn't sound like anything else, either.

If you're simply looking at the cookie-cutter guitars available in most mass-market guitar stores, Ibanez is as good as any, and I have a few myself (I think my Ibanez Artist AR300 from '82 is as good a set-neck LP-type guitar as there is). By comparison, the rest of the guitars in those stores are similar. But when you start moving out of that mediocrity, you'll find a LOT of options that change things and a lot of reasons why a guitarist might move to something else if the option is available for him.

Here at Ultimate Guitar, a lot of guitarists are beginners, are not located in the US, or are very budget-conscious. Any of those factors can limit them in terms of experience and guitar choices. For them, Ibanez may be the best choice.
dspellman

Dude, if you are not already, get a job at GC or something. Damn you know this stuff.