Hello guys. I have a Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro that I bought used, with stock coil-split pickups (Epiphone burstbucker's, I'm almost 100℅ sure, but I haven't taken them out to check). For as long as I have had it the bridge pickup has been much quieter than the neck pickup, despite much experimentation with height adjustments. It also seems to have a very "mellow" tone, like a super low output paf, even with distortion, that the neck pickup doesn't. I'm pretty positive I could figure it out if I were to take things apart and investigate, but I would rather get some ideas of what to look for before I go poking around. I'm also doing any repairs myself, so please refrain from the "go see a luthier" suggestion. Thank y'all in advance for your help.
Originally posted by Joshua Garcia
I just come here to dick around.
And maybe occasionally wave my dick around.

My D is major
Could be a dirty switch or a cold/bad solder joint for the bridge pickup.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
use some contact cleaner on the switch. i like deoxit for stuff like this.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the help. I'll try the contact cleaner firat, and then I'll look aat the other. Oh and CJax, get help.

My D is major
Quote by jwmcdaniel97
Hello guys. I have a Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro that I bought used, with stock coil-split pickups (Epiphone burstbucker's, I'm almost 100℅ sure, but I haven't taken them out to check).

You should probably pull the pickups and check your guitar's wiring (control cavity) to make sure that you have what you think you have and that the pickups haven't been reversed. It's not unusual for someone to put aftermarket pickups in a guitar, then pull them before the sale and replace them with the originals. If this is the case, you may find the bridge and neck pickups reversed or the wiring done incorrectly. If you're going to do the repairs yourself, you'll hopefully be able to recognize any issues and correct them yourself. But this is the most obvious place to start looking. Do you know what you're doing in that regard?
Last edited by dspellman at Aug 9, 2016,
Quote by dspellman
You should probably pull the pickups and check your guitar's wiring (control cavity) to make sure that you have what you think you have and that the pickups haven't been reversed. It's not unusual for someone to put aftermarket pickups in a guitar, then pull them before the sale and replace them with the originals. If this is the case, you may find the bridge and neck pickups reversed or the wiring done incorrectly. If you're going to do the repairs yourself, you'll hopefully be able to recognize any issues and correct them yourself. But this is the most obvious place to start looking. Do you know what you're doing in that regard?

Yeah repair wise I know what to do and look for. Just looking for some diagnostic help. Thank you!

My D is major
Quote by jwmcdaniel97
Yeah repair wise I know what to do and look for. Just looking for some diagnostic help. Thank you!

There's always the good old multimeter...