I have a RP500 processor which has the amp/cabinet modelling feature.

I'm thinking of buying this powered speaker :-
http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/recording-broadcast/control-2p/control-2p---stereo-pair#.V6nM6pN97BI

This will give me the exact sound that I can hear after connecting headphones to my RP500.

However, I have the following doubt:

When in future I buy an actual guitar amp (Marshall), can I connect the output of it to this speaker as well?
Since, the speaker itself amplifies the signal coming into it, will the output of the Marshall into this result in a double amplified sound? Would it get distorted?
Last edited by arjundat07 at Aug 9, 2016,
You probably wouldn't use the PA speaker at all. You need to run a speaker voiced for a guitar amp with your amp (included with the amp if its a combo). If you run the speaker out into the power speaker it could likely cause problems as the powered/active speaker is not expecting to see a high powered signal and you could fry some of the circuitry in it. You could run the headphone output - if it has one - to the powered speaker. Even if you got a passive speaker they are flat response speakers so running from a head directly to the speaker would sound the same as running your RP500 into the speaker with no cabinet modeling in place (not good).

Either get a combo and use the speaker it comes with or buy a head and an actual guitar cabinet to go with it. You could keep the speakers for use with your pedal or just have them as good computer speakers.
Thanks a lot for your advice. Based upon your inputs, I have decided not to buy the powered/active speaker.

Instead, I will invest the money in a Tech 21 Trademark 30 combo amp.

And, I will use my RP500 as an effects processor without the amp/cabinet modelling.
Quote by arjundat07
Thanks a lot for your advice. Based upon your inputs, I have decided not to buy the powered/active speaker.

Instead, I will invest the money in a Tech 21 Trademark 30 combo amp.

And, I will use my RP500 as an effects processor without the amp/cabinet modelling.

that sounds like a good idea.

if only half of the other 2016'ers had half of your logic that would be nice. lol.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/