Page 1 of 2
cause like

if they are bots, or even maybe people if we're all robot intelligences

when you're in one thread and you see a person post in two or three threads all in the one minute time slot some crazy fast typing be happening

or what if they disappear out from existence when they're typing and then post them all at once like my friend had a theory that when we blink and close our eyes everybody turns into a giant cat and you might think that's crazy but if it isn't then maybe we're just fooled or maybe we're so used to the idea that we're cynical and that's why everybody likes cats so much. Zizek said it best - we're crippled by ideology

so what if when other UG users are typing they're really like programs that compile the messages and generate them before sending them instentatiously

food for thought
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
You people are all just projections placed into my subconscious by The Man to keep me distracted and unproductive.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

thats not true cos some of us have facebook instagram and snapchat

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Banjocal

so what if when other UG users are typing they're really like programs that compile the messages and generate them before sending them instentatiously

food for thought

Nice word, is it new?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Nice word, is it new?
y-yes

Quote by EndTheRapture51
thats not true cos some of us have facebook instagram and snapchat
sounds like something a computer program would say
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Aug 9, 2016,
I have physically met some people from here so I can be sure of that, but that's dependent on whether I actually exist in the first place or am just some supercomputer's dream.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
I have physically met some people from here so I can be sure of that, but that's dependent on whether I actually exist in the first place or am just some supercomputer's dream.
you dont exist physically.

you are a fascist computer program.

you are UG's version of AM.

mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by RAB11
You people are all just projections placed into my subconscious by The Man to keep me distracted and unproductive.
shall I get zee whip out now or later?
i may be a computer program but i ain't no BASIC bitch
Eyes are the mirrors of souls

maaaade in the shape of a flawed desiiign
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
i thought this was gonna be about how when you're pouring your FUCKING SOUL into a post (like im doing rn :-) ), you're devoting most of your 'conscience' to interaction on the internet. and by devoting your entire being into forming and sharing thoughts in the digital realm, what is left in the outside world is just a half-living slab of bone and tisue that serves as nothing more than hardware for your now fully digitalized spirit.

:-)

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
i thought this was gonna be about how when you're pouring your FUCKING SOUL into a post (like im doing rn :-) ), you're devoting most of your 'conscience' to interaction on the internet. and by devoting your entire being into forming and sharing thoughts in the digital realm, what is left in the outside world is just a half-living slab of bone and tisue that serves as nothing more than hardware for your now fully digitalized spirit.

:-)

I will improve the divine

Siiing to a different tone
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
isn't there that theory that particles and shit only stop moving when someone's looking at them?

edit: quantum zeno effect
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Last edited by Trowzaa at Aug 9, 2016,
Quote by Bladez22
We don't
oh yes you do?Otherwise you wouldn't have replied☝️
we are all just vibrating string entangled in the quantum cosmos maaannn
For real though how can that which has no life truly exist?

Last edited by RAB11 at Aug 9, 2016,
I thought you were going much deeper. As in, as we sit and communicate on these forums, does our "real" sense of self tend to momentarily dissolve.

In which case I would actually say yes. There are two personas, and one is suppressed when we chat here.

Some people are really fast typers
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by kalypto
we are all just vibrating string entangled in the quantum cosmos maaannn
phone in sick and see that if that works??
Last edited by Aprilla at Aug 9, 2016,
Quote by Aprilla
phone in sick and see that if that works??

i tried, still just string
Quote by Trowzaa
isn't there that theory that particles and shit only stop moving when someone's looking at them?

edit: quantum zeno effect

I thought that had to do with observation affecting interpretation (and not, y'know, water only being water when you're looking at it, and it's otherwise some sort of nega-water)
Quote by eGraham
I thought you were going much deeper. As in, as we sit and communicate on these forums, does our "real" sense of self tend to momentarily dissolve.

In which case I would actually say yes. There are two personas, and one is suppressed when we chat here.

Some people are really fast typers

also this

fucking get your shit together banjo

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by gonzaw
Maybe we aren't all robots but instead are paid interns of UG tasked with making it appear the forums are full of social life

If that's the case i need to have a word with HR

Quote by Banjocal
cause like

or what if they disappear out from existence when they're typing and then post them all at once like my friend had a theory that when we blink and close our eyes everybody turns into a giant cat and you might think that's crazy but if it isn't then maybe we're just fooled or maybe we're so used to the idea that we're cynical and that's why everybody likes cats so much.

Yeah yeah, but we really need some special sunglasses to see the cat people, you know like the one's that Rowdy Roddy Piper had in They Live!

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Aug 9, 2016,
Quote by Aprilla
oh yes you do?Otherwise you wouldn't have replied☝️

Very true, love ya really you special little flower you ?????????
oh I took thread title as general "do people exist here" question rather than a question about how present you are when doing something like typing on a forum

like similar question of whether we are still actually stop existing when we go to sleep and not dreaming or anything and are brains are basically silent, if conscious soul is a actual separate thing that is, and possibly a new person just takes over every morning who is built on the existing memories and connections your brain had in place.

answer is: idk

and what if we ever invent truly alive AI tech isn't some black box that no one human understands (stuff coming out of learning AIs right now kind of is black box shit) or create organic life that we can build down to the very mood and thought level, what does that even mean for our meaning of "alive"

(again answer is: idk)

on a side note, some people (new agers) believe you are being controlled (channeled) by angels when you do some stuff that feels like you had no thought process behind it because you didn't even feel there in the moment. neuroscience has been giving some good evidence that the subconscious is a thing in some sort of way.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I am so glad that people are taking mu blatant shitposting seriously
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
I am so glad that people are taking mu blatant shitposting seriously

are we being serious or countering shitposting with fake serious posting
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
are we being serious or countering shitposting with fake serious posting

we're just covering our bases, there's even lyrics spam and even mud flinging

btw, orson

ur mum is a sweetie lol
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
it's easy to tell with me because i have a system where all my serious posts use capital letters and are formatted correctly
Quote by kalypto
it's easy to tell with me because i have a system where all my serious posts use capital letters and are formatted correctly

"none of them" would have been easier to type...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by kalypto
i tried, still just string
vibrationally yours don't hold back....Sing to me sailor?
Last edited by Aprilla at Aug 9, 2016,
Page 1 of 2