I recently got a new Mac (OSX 10.11) and my old DAW and interface no longer work with it. I was using Pro Tools LE with the M Box2 interface. I like Pro Tools but I don't want to have to spend $600 on the new software. I've heard Logic has lots of bugs and glitches. I've heard good things about Cubase and Studio One. Anyone have any suggestions for a new DAW?

Also, I've heard that USB interfaces don't work on the newer Mac's. Is this true? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
if you got a new mac with usb 3.0 ports sometimes a usb hub works with it as thats what I had to do with my presonus interface to get it to work with my new macbook. apart from that I now use Logic X without a problem running 10.11.6

nobody dies a virgin, life fucks with us all

(\_/)
(o_o)
_(u u)_
this is the bunny,
add this to your signature
to help him rule the world

come to the darkside.......................we have cookies.
Logic Pro X 10.2 is so bomb and you can get around 50 gigs of software instruments directly from Apple, plus it's easy to find wayyyyy more add-ons too.
Whoever told you USB doesnt work on the newer Macs is wrong.
LPX or pro tools 12 or cubase 8.5.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Bollockser I was looking at Logic, but I've read some reviews and a LOT of people have been complaining that the latest version is full of bugs and glitches. Have you had any problems with it?
I haven't had any issues with it at all, using v10.2.4. Just dont use a USB hub for an audio interface, plug it directly into the Mac.
If you dont wanna invest any money just use GB for now, it's more than good enough and free.
Quote by Random3
If you don't want to pay then Reaper is really the only answer.

Not sure where you heard about Logic having a ton of bugs and glitches.

Cubase is good

Never used Studio One.

Reaper is like 60 bucks.

People complaining about bugs in Logic... every DAW update has bugs and issues. You learn to deal with them.
Quote by Watterboy
Do you have any dilithium crystals or fresh warm dumps for sale
I've had no reall issues with Logic and for the price of it, it's almost a no brainer to buy if your on a Mac. If you don't want to spend any money, GarageBand is definitely adequate enough for most people's bedroom hobbyist needs. As far as an interface, take advantage of that Thunderbolt connection. Look into a Focusrite Clarett or Saffire ranges.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
Logic is great. I've been using it since switching to Mac and love it. Before that, I was mostly using Reaper, but I own every major DAW out there, including Pro Tools, Cubase, Studio One, Sonar, Reason and Audition. There are issues if you're wanting to use older plugins with it, as X is 64-bit only, you can get around this with something like jBridge, but unless Logic doesn't come with what you need for some reason and you don't have a budget for commercial plugins, any major plugin library out there worth spending money on will work.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com