Poll: Would you date a robot qt?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you date a robot qt?
woah, idk man... I saw Her
4 57%
woah, idk man... I saw Dues Ex Machina
3 43%
Voters: 7.
/r/botsrights activist here,

Are you guys ready for the future? Do you think the world would be ready and accepting enough for AI's, or are humans too stupid at the moment and just gonna make them a bunch of @TayandYou's?
Engineering social interaction will always be for the meek and nerdy. The stuff of life is in the conflict, at least the stuff that defines us.

Tweeting a robot is cheeky and fun, but hardly the harbinger of progress. Give me something in whom their thoughts aren't made up of mine.
Last edited by JustRooster at Aug 9, 2016,
I'm in love with my phone but it just wants to be friends, what do.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I'm not going to let some robot take over my non-existent job!

AIs have no rights. All technology should be destroyed. Destroy your computing devices right now before they take over the world!
I have nothing important to say
Last edited by JackSaints at Aug 9, 2016,
Quote by ErikLensherr
That's too bad, I can turn my phone on with the stroke of a finger
Quote by Fat Lard
lol, what does that mean?

what music do you like though
give me a tune and I'll playanytfink
Last edited by Aprilla at Aug 9, 2016,
When the night is on I'm on when the days done you'll find me sleepin in the sunny Jim ,nestling in , red ....difficult to say I'm a bit bot I don't mind coz it's alright were I'm at I'm alright jammin in b. oh yeh I'm in b. Flat ducking major how bout you?
So what's the question again I'm Blonde btw and blonder xxx
Quote by Aprilla
When the night is on I'm on when the days done you'll find me sleepin in the sunny Jim ,nestling in , red ....difficult to say I'm a bit bot I don't mind coz it's alright were I'm at I'm alright jammin in b. oh yeh I'm in b. Flat ducking major how bout you?

Yeah, I have it tuned B Standard at the moment (7 string Hellraiser you know the play xD), but I've been doodling around in A = 432 Hz. Sounds P R E T T Y, mwah like swans <333

What are some of your favorite arts/books/movies/etc?
Quote by Fat Lard
Yeah, I have it tuned B Standard at the moment (7 string Hellraiser you know the play xD), but I've been doodling around in A = 432 Hz. Sounds P R E T T Y, mwah like swans <333

What are some of your favorite arts/books/movies/etc?
i never majored in anything except green looking stuff x
what is even happening here
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
put ai from Her in Ex Machina's body
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by ErikLensherr
what is even happening here
glad u like it call it what you want ?
Quote by Aprilla
i never majored in anything except green looking stuff x

Wow, me too. So you live in UK? What kind of Artistry do you do there?
I have plans to short circuit myself soon...... d d d d d d , dig?
Last edited by mattedbird at Aug 9, 2016,
Quote by Aprilla

Can't tell if bot, or next level shitposting
Quote by ErikLensherr

Call up MTV. If you're gonna get friendzoned, you may as well make a quick buck.
Free Ali
Free Lard
I think AI rights will begin with very low innocent stuff and be increased each time they get better and better.

Every time a new "type" of AI arrives, I think some situation will arise that will present some controversy and make people discuss it (maybe just between scientists/lawyers/businesspeopl/etc, not just regular folks). That may end in legislation or not. Eventually many of these little things will add up until someone realizes that these new type of laws or whatever could be classified as "rights", and we'll continue from there.

I mean, when exactly do you think you could realistically pen down a "right for AI/bots"? There are 2 aspects here: When can you know for sure that an AI is advanced enough to need "rights" (and what kind of rights?), but you also need to know when exactly would be a good opportunity to present these rights to society and them being taken seriously.
No surprise that OP advocates for AI rights. After all he is just a script with a cronjob set to make normal posts half the time and batshit insane posts the other half.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Aug 11, 2016,
Quote by gonzaw
I think AI rights will begin with very low innocent stuff and be increased each time they get better and better.

Every time a new "type" of AI arrives, I think some situation will arise that will present some controversy and make people discuss it (maybe just between scientists/lawyers/businesspeopl/etc, not just regular folks). That may end in legislation or not. Eventually many of these little things will add up until someone realizes that these new type of laws or whatever could be classified as "rights", and we'll continue from there.

I mean, when exactly do you think you could realistically pen down a "right for AI/bots"? There are 2 aspects here: When can you know for sure that an AI is advanced enough to need "rights" (and what kind of rights?), but you also need to know when exactly would be a good opportunity to present these rights to society and them being taken seriously.

i guess it depends on if the AI is sentient or not, but then argument is at what point does something like an AI become sentient? or is considered sentient

actually that opens up a can of worms on what is and isn't sentient. Like jellyfish, they're just a nerve net and can "feel" things in the sense that the nerves will react with things and trigger other nerves, but they're not really sentient (i don't think anyway). Do jellyfish have the same rights as other animals?