do you feel like you coasted to where you are now or did you make specific efforts and decisions

Poll: hmm?
Poll Options
View poll results: hmm?
the first one
19 66%
the second one
10 34%
Voters: 29.
Page 1 of 2
I feel mostly like i was setup to get where i am now.
Although thats starting to change as i recently was accepted for a pretty good internship which i got on my own merits.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Absolutely coasted and it's left me in a bit of a mess tbh.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

I sporadically tell myself I need to put effort in and then like a week later give up because I need instant gratification.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Bit of both
Coasting right up until I moved to Melbourne and now that I'm on my own I'm under my own power, which is unreliable and cranky at times, but it works
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by CaptainCanti
whats coasted
Ikr speak English, Will, before I deport you off the coast.

Edit: But seriously I guess I tried to make efforts and decisions but that didn't work so i stopped caring and ended up coasting.

Still am and still don't care because whatever life hates me.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Aug 10, 2016,
I usually coast right up until that point where it's OH FUCK ME WHY DO I KEEP DOING THIS?!

Worked ok so far
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Aug 10, 2016,
Wouldn't be in anywhere near as good of a place as I'm in, had I just gone with the flow of my environment
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
100% coasted. In a way I'm very grateful, as it's still left me in a great position (excellent job etc), so in hindsight I actually feel crazy lucky.

But then at the same time, I do occasionally regret not having tried harder, as I think I never came close to reaching my potential.

But I was only young, I wasn't to know better, so I don't beat myself up about it too much. I'm happy enough now, so that's all that matters really.
Last edited by matt bickerton at Aug 10, 2016,
I have just kind of blagged it. I make decisions in my life when a decision needs to be made but I generally feel like I'm a boat in a river. Occasionally there's a fork in the river and I can make a decision there but I don't have a clear direction of where that stream is going, I'm just going with the current and make what seems like the best decision at the time.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
yeah.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
not to sound dramatic or anything but i was coasting, took the wrong turn, got lost and then fell off a cliff
Not a lot of coasting, now that I think about it. Worked pretty pointedly to get where I'm at.
I don't feel like I've ever coasted in my life. I mean I'm sure I have for short periods of time but as far as I can remember I've always had something to work towards and improve myself.
cat
I feel like I tripped and fell down the stairs, but they were the stairs from the M. C. Escher drawing, so I ended up sideways across the room.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I feel like I tripped and fell down the stairs, but they were the stairs from the M. C. Escher drawing, so I ended up sideways across the room.

Pure
Poetry
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
I mostly coasted and TBH I do regret at times not putting more effort into which direction I was going as a youth. But I know several in the same place in life that I am who put a tremendous effort to be in a better place and it was all for naught so...

I have several people that I know and some are friends that are working in factories warehouses of at the gas staion convince store too pay off student loans.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Aug 10, 2016,
A bit of both I suppose.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Specific efforts and decisions that makes coasting possible.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Coasting only gets you so far, barring rich and spoiling parents or chance events.

A bit of both. I could have worked a lot harder in previous efforts and have had a huge amount of parental support, but I'm now at a point in my growing maturity where I can point them out and, with effort, work towards balancing it out a bit. On the other hand, life decisions, particularly who I live with, what I study and where I study have been informed but nonetheless independently made decisions. As I grow more independent, I find that I'm able to use my mistakes with strength.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Aug 10, 2016,
Both?
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Quote by Banjocal
Coasting only gets you so far, barring rich and spoiling parents or chance events.

A bit of both. I could have worked a lot harder in previous efforts and have had a huge amount of parental support, but I'm now at a point in my growing maturity where I can point them out and, with effort, work towards balancing it out a bit. On the other hand, life decisions, particularly who I live with, what I study and where I study have been informed but nonetheless independently made decisions. As I grow more independent, I find that I'm able to use my mistakes with strength.

I kid about being lazy (tho I really still am), but I agree and my experience is quite similar.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Aug 10, 2016,
A mixture of both.....in the fine details of things, I coasted, but in general I really did make some deliberate and calculated decisions. I may be lazy, but my laziness is not without a certain level of tact so it does not affect me too much.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
coaster here

have a drink on me, you hard workers
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by neidnarb11890

im walking in line -- just barely enough to be living

Hmm, it's difficult to tell.

If I go by feeling I feel I'm coasting through, but if I look at my past actions and decisions they were active ones and demanded effort from me for me to be able to be where I am now.
Depends on how you look at it I guess. In terms of where I'm living and how I'm living, I'm definitely coasting through (not living in a house of my own, not really making any big changes at home or my daily life, etc). But in terms of study, work, planning ahead I'm definitely making decisions and I don't think I'm coasting through.

Anyways, the mind has to be comfortable and coast through some things. If you don't allow it to coast through it will force itself to do so, depriving you the choice of where it'll coast through. I don't see much wrong in settling some stuff out and getting comfortable with it so your mind works automatically in that setting, only so that it gives you more will power to put effort in other areas.
i've been surfing through life one day at a time, since day one srs

i was a slacker in highschool, put in the least effort, but still graduated with many AP / college level / and advanced honor classes on my transcript
same thing with standardized testing and shit, i just put in the least amount of effort to put me where i need to be, but never more to get into the top schools...

i just don't give a fuck, life is too short to be worried about small things. I look at life through the big picture, and i just wanna have fun and enjoy using my talents and natural skills to enhance my life (i've always been good at guitar, i never had to practice until my finger bled... i knew how to tap since i picked one up over 8 years ago)
even if i put "all in" "go big or go home" mentality from the start, not much would change for me. living in the present is much more important than dwelling on minor changes the past could have controlled ...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Page 1 of 2