Ok guys
I need some help with pickup replacements. I have an ESP eclipse with EMG actives, and a HR Giger Iceman with stock pups
The Eclipse has a mahogany body with a quilted maple top
The Giger is Mahogany body with Axis pickups
I play Rock/metal, want a bit of gain but not kill my cleans
Been looking at SUHR Doug Aldrich set, SD JB/59 set and Bareknuckles
Any help would be appreciated
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Assuming you're running a good amp already...

JB/59 (or JB/Jazz) is pretty much the standard go-to aftermarket humbucker combo for what you're after - Can't really go wrong with this option IMO. It's a good all around set that does both dirty and clean tones well.

No experience w/the other brands. (I almost pulled the trigger on some BKP's, but went with a local pickup winder instead).

If cleans are pretty important to you, consider a "hot PAF" type of pickup (such as a Pearly Gates) in the bridge as well. It won't push the amp as hard as a JB (or something hotter), but if you have a very high gain amp (or a boost), it shouldn't be an issue.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
What is it exactly that you're trying to accomplish?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I checked his page, he's using an Engl Fireball 60.
JB/Jazz, the amp can handle the rest. No need to pay extra on the BKP or Suhrs.
I dig the cleans on my Duncan Distortion Set, they (in theory) can do heavier, more modern stuff a bit better should that be a necessity.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Last edited by Maidenheadsteve at Aug 10, 2016,
Quote by Maidenheadsteve
I checked his page, he's using an Engl Fireball 60.
Thanks for doing that little bit of research!

To the OP, I have the same amp. You'll be fine w/the JB. With how much gain is on tap, it's more about the tonal characteristics of the pickup than how much output it has w/an amp like a Fireball.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Thanks heaps guys, currently running a Blackstar, but currently planning on another Engl, missing my old fireball
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.