Hello help me out guys, if someone has played both guitars.. I'm planning other a cargo from USA... It's important.. What are your suggestions? How's the floyd rose on both guitars? How's the pickups?
cdgraves Hello there, I'm Intermediate guitar player from Nepal, What is wrong with my font?
Quote by sushanz1
cdgraves Hello there, I'm Intermediate guitar player from Nepal, What is wrong with my font?

Nothing anymore.

You may get better answers at the Electric Guitar forum. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26

Out of those I would get the Jackson because of the looks and the fact that it's not a Michael Angelo Batio "signature" model.

But seriously, you may want to buy a guitar that you can try first. People have different preferences so even if I had played both and preferred one over the other, it doesn't mean you will. I would guess they are pretty much the same quality. Especially when we are talking about cheap guitars, it's good to try the guitar first. So are there any guitar stores near you?

BTW, why do you want a new guitar? What guitar/other gear do you have at the moment?
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Aug 11, 2016,
MaggaraMarine Thanks, I use Boss DS-1 distortion, Boss Digital DD-7, MAB limited edition Overdrive pedal, And Sometimes Slash Wah Pedal.. I Love warm tone while shredding.
sushanz1

What guitar do you have at the moment? What amp are you playing through?

Why do you want a new guitar? (For example, is it about tone, feel, features, etc? Is it going to be an upgrade from your old guitar or do you just want something different?)
Quote by AlanHB

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Aug 11, 2016,
MaggaraMarine Right now I'm using Korean guitar called Human, it's a copy of Jackson Soloist.. And I use Marshall amps... I want something new, something advance in shredding...
OK... Why I'm asking these questions is just to figure out if you really need a new guitar. Considering that you already have a Jackson-like guitar, I don't know if it makes sense to buy another similar cheap guitar. I would expect them to feel pretty similar. If you are not happy with your tone, the first thing you should upgrade is your amp (that makes the biggest difference in tone). If your current guitar doesn't have a Floyd Rose and you want a Floyd, yeah, buying a new guitar would make sense. Same with if you wanted different kind of pickups (but I would guess your current guitar is pretty similar to these guitars when it comes to features).

To my knowledge, if you want a Floyd Rose, you don't want to buy a cheap one. I don't have experiences from cheap Floyd guitars but I have heard that many times they are really not that great and buying something else/spending a bit more money would make more sense. This is just what I have heard many people say. Also, I don't see a point with buying another cheap guitar. If you want the guitar to be an upgrade from your old guitar, you want to spend a bit more money on it (I mean, it might be a slight upgrade, but I wouldn't buy another cheap guitar that you may want to upgrade again in a couple of years). If you just want something different (what I mean is, if you just want to have two different guitars and it doesn't need to be an upgrade), then I would buy something different, not something that is pretty similar to your current guitar.

If you really want a new guitar, go to a music store and try some guitars (try everything, not just guitars that look like "shred guitars" - for some people a regular Strat or Les Paul works best for shredding, it doesn't really need to be a Jackson or an Ibanez or anything like that). That's really the best way to figure out what you want. Even if you don't find anything in your price range, you may still find a guitar that you like. Then come back here (but as I said, you'll get better answers at the Electric Guitar forum) and ask if we know a guitar in your price range that feels/sounds similar to the guitar that you liked. Or then just spend a bit more money and buy the guitar that you like.

Again, you will get better answers at the Electric Guitar forum that is basically designed for questions like this.
Quote by AlanHB

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
I agree with Magga - don't get hung up on "shredder" guitars. Jackson, Schecter, ESP, LTD, and such use the "shred" look for marketing, but that doesn't mean they have the best tone or playability for you. They might have features like a "speed neck" that don't actually mean much - the speed is in your fingers, not the guitar. Aggressive tone has as much to do with your right hand technique and pedals as it does with the pickups.

There are some nasty shred players who use a plain old Fender Strat (which can be purchased with a Floyd Rose-style trem). If you want warm tone, single coil pickups are definitely one way to get it.

And you might consider a tremolo system other than Floyd Rose. I don't have experience with it, but I do know that they're a pain in the ass to re-string and cost a lot more to get set up. There are systems that use a more normal bridge combined with locking tuners.
Last edited by cdgraves at Aug 11, 2016,
Quote by cdgraves

And you might consider a tremolo system other than Floyd Rose. I don't have experience with it, but I do know that they're a pain in the ass to re-string and cost a lot more to get set up. There are systems that use a more normal bridge combined with locking tuners.

Agreed. I have a Floyd guitar and I'd rather have a standard non-locking system. Yes, I think it is a bit of a pain in the ass - getting it set up and in tune is hard and takes time (well, after you get it in tune, it won't get out of tune). I would say if you don't go too crazy with the whammy bar, a standard tremolo does the job just fine (a lot of it has to do with lubricating the nut properly). For example Guthrie Govan and John Petrucci mostly use guitars without locking nuts and they stay in tune just fine.
Quote by AlanHB

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by cdgraves
(a) I agree with Magga - don't get hung up on "shredder" guitars. Jackson, Schecter, ESP, LTD, and such use the "shred" look for marketing, but that doesn't mean they have the best tone or playability for you. (b) They might have features like a "speed neck" that don't actually mean much - the speed is in your fingers, not the guitar. (c) Aggressive tone has as much to do with your right hand technique and pedals as it does with the pickups.

There are some nasty shred players who use a plain old Fender Strat (which can be purchased with a Floyd Rose-style trem). (d) If you want warm tone, single coil pickups are definitely one way to get it.

(e) And you might consider a tremolo system other than Floyd Rose. I don't have experience with it, but I do know that they're a pain in the ass to re-string and cost a lot more to get set up. There are systems that use a more normal bridge combined with locking tuners.

(a) yep you should absolutely decide on what you like yourself

(b) I sort of know what you mean, but at the same time there are certain specs (for the neck profile) that shreddier-type players *tend* to prefer, and which again *tend* to facilitate the types of techniques than shredders tend to use (not just speed- also wider fretboards with a bigger radius for bigger bends and wider vibrato). Of course, that's not to say that you necessarily will. I guess the way to go in is to realise that a certain style of guitar is often aimed at a certain style of music, but your personal preference is more important than that. If you agree with the consensus, that's all well and good, but don't be afraid to disagree, either.

(c) Again, pretty much the same as (b). A certain type of pickup tends to sound a certain way, and a lot of players appreciate that (there's a reason why so many metal guitarists use EMGs, for example), but not everyone agrees. Again, you kind of have to decide what you like yourself... I will say that lower output pickups normally (to me, anyway) don't normally sound the same as high output pickups, even if you get to roughly the same place distortion-wise by different means (using a boost, say).

(d) Unless you mean P90s, I'd have said that Strat- and Tele-style single coils were generally a fair bit brighter than humbuckers...

(e) Yeah you don't necessarily need a Floyd, but again it depends on what you want. If you do need one, it might be worth the extra hassle. And a non-locking, but floating, trem is arguably almost as much bother to set up as a Floyd is.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?