What are they? I keep getting conflicting answers saying v30s, or g12h100s, or g12t75s. So does anyone know? Thanks in advance.
Together we climb any mountain, rent any video, dial any phone. And not just our phone, other people's phones. Decent phones, God-fearing phones, phones that everybody else gave up on, but we knew better because we were a team!
Last edited by H377F1R3 at Aug 10, 2016,
Depends on the specific cab, it's not like Randall only makes one.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Arby911 So your saying Randall made different versions of the same cab but different speakers?
Together we climb any mountain, rent any video, dial any phone. And not just our phone, other people's phones. Decent phones, God-fearing phones, phones that everybody else gave up on, but we knew better because we were a team!
Quote by H377F1R3
Arby911 So your saying Randall made different versions of the same cab but different speakers?

Randall made at least 2, maybe more of the "XL" cabs and yes, they have different speakers.

As an example, the RS412XXL has V30's, the RS412XLTS100 has G12-H100's.
Charles Darwin
Arby911Well his has the XL in the corner Not XXL also it has a metal grill, the jack plate has a mono/stereo config and two XLR outputs
Quote by H377F1R3
Arby911Well his has the XL in the corner Not XXL also it has a metal grill, the jack plate has a mono/stereo config and two XLR outputs

Both of the cabs I mentioned also have XL in the corner...don't read the model number and confuse it with the series.

Without an actual model number, which should be somewhere on the back, there's no way to be sure short of taking off the back (which is piss-easy...).
Charles Darwin
Dunno about Randall, but manufacturers are constantly offering various speaker combinations with their cabinets and all are considered "stock." Some have just allowed you to choose from several available offerings in a single year.

Arby911 is correct; there's no way to be sure except one: Take the back off the cabinet and look inside.
Quote by Arby911
Both of the cabs I mentioned also have XL in the corner...don't read the model number and confuse it with the series.

Without an actual model number, which should be somewhere on the back, there's no way to be sure short of taking off the back (which is piss-easy...).
well the model says R412 STEREO and I'm trying to find out without taking the back off as I don't have a drill to make the process easy so yeah but worst case scenario, it's not so bad I guess just time consuming
Remove one of the side handles... Screwdriver and a flashlight. Easier and faster than pulling the whole back panel off.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
ThunderPunk Now that is a great idea plus no chance of accidently pulling the wires now I just have to wait till I jam with my buddy next as its his cab
yep good idea thunderpunk

definitely worth checking as dspellman and arby said- you never know if someone else swapped out the speakers. even if you got it new, with return policies you never know... i know it's not speakers but i know on another forum someone mentioned that in the guitar shop they worked in, someone tried to return a USA fender strat. the store smelt a rat (i guess the customer was acting suspiciously) and checked the guitar over thoroughly- the customer had swapped out the pickups for cheapos.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Be careful when you open the back.
Friend of mine bought a used cabinet, took it home, took it downstairs to his basement.
A while later, I asked him how long he'd had a cockroach problem. "Never have," he replied. I pointed at a few that were milling around the cabinet.
We pulled the back and about a million of those suckers headed for the hills, to the ear-splitting shrieks of his wife.
To this day, I'll pull the backs off in a parking lot somewhere, with a big can of Raid nearby.
+1 to open up the cab (which is obvious).

i never thought of the dspllman. hmmm.

i NEVER buy a cab without looking at the speakers, i have TWICE looked at a cab local on craigslist that had different speakers in it than advertised.

the first time, the seller got kind of funny about opening so i became more suspicious. sure enough, one time the speakers were shit and the guy lied.

the second time, they were more favorable speakers than he advertised. i use the term 'favorable' because everything is subjective, and i found a quad of V30's instead of what he thought were T75's. i was pleased in this scenario.*'

__
*T75's are nice speakers too, i like them for some things, but at the time i wanted more V30's because i had more cabs with T75's.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by dspellman
Be careful when you open the back.
Friend of mine bought a used cabinet, took it home, took it downstairs to his basement.
A while later, I asked him how long he'd had a cockroach problem. "Never have," he replied. I pointed at a few that were milling around the cabinet.
We pulled the back and about a million of those suckers headed for the hills, to the ear-splitting shrieks of his wife.
To this day, I'll pull the backs off in a parking lot somewhere, with a big can of Raid nearby.

ew

but yeah i'd definitely take that precaution too after hearing that story
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for the advice everybody I'll definitely take all of that to heart although he's had the cab for a while that he bought from Sam ash I was just curious what speakers were in it so he could more easily replicate what he likes. Like I know he like g12t75 and v30 but his cab apparently comes with neither and has g12 h100 I think is the name so that was surprising. Also no bugs luckily seeing as I hate bugs, although don't we all?
some randall cabs came with eminence legends, some seventy80's and at one point some had vintage 30's.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/