Hi everyone!

Lately I've been looking for a new and versatile electric guitar. A student from my class has had a used PRS Standard 22 for four or fire years. Now he wants
to sell it to me for ca. 1.200 US dollars.

It's a guitar in good shape and in a dark metallic green color.
Do you guys think it's a good deal for me? I don't know so much about PRS guitars from the 1990's but it looks nice and sounds and feels a lot better then the korean made SE models.

All the best,
Mikkel
Denmark
Seems to be about the going rate for a Standard 22. Does it come with the case? I've got a CE 22 that I paid just shy of $1,000 for last year with a case - it was nearly mint and a few years younger than the model you're looking at (though CE's are, I believe, considered to be a bit cheaper due to the bolt on neck). I love my CE, definitely a keeper.
OffsetOffset
SteveHOCSteveHOC, Yes it comes with a case. It has a few signs of being used over the years.
Last edited by mikkeljulius0609 at Aug 11, 2016,
Quote by SteveHOC
Seems to be about the going rate for a Standard 22. Does it come with the case? I've got a CE 22 that I paid just shy of $1,000 for last year with a case - it was nearly mint and a few years younger than the model you're looking at (though CE's are, I believe, considered to be a bit cheaper due to the bolt on neck). I love my CE, definitely a keeper.

I got my 2007 CE22 (w/birds) for $700 a few years ago. Love it. It's far from cheap and they are still highly regarded. It's said... PRS did not make a bad CE22/24. They sell for $1000 and up now. Under that is a great deal.

Reverb has some older used Standard 22s for sale starting at $1179 and going up. eBay has then asking for $1279 on up. There is one on eBay that SOLD for $800, but that was a seriously bright turquoise shipping out of Hawaii.

As for the Standard 22, If it plays well, feels good, sounds good and is what you want, offer $1000 and haggle to $1100.
If you decide to start lower, be careful since it is a friend you're dealing with.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
AuriemmaThanks for the advice. I haven't considered a CE-model. Perhaps I should check out the market a bit further. There seems to be lots af US PRS guitars on ebay too in the range of 1000-1500 dollars.

The Standard 22 plays great, however the neck is a bit thick for my small hands. Perhaps I can get used to it. I already feel a bit more comfortable playing it than I did yesterday (I've borrowed it for some days).