Hey,
I'm looking for some original titanium saddles for a floyd rose, in singles. Ideally, I'd do a full set but realistically I only need the E, A and D saddles to be heavier as I've not managed to inset grooves into the higher string saddles. Now here's where I should note I am looking specifically for an original saddle, or at least original in appearance. I do know about the FU-Tone saddles and in my opinion they would just look goofy alongside the three original saddles, and I'm not fond of the circular string holder so that puts it right off the options list.
I've been checking the Floyd Rose website almost monthly now for at least a year and half, and the Titanium saddles have been out of stock every time. Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm in Canada, so as far as international orders goes it doesn't really matter what location.
Thanks
..I was watching my death.
Last edited by timbit2006 at Aug 10, 2016,
Well, MF has sets.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/nuts-saddles/floyd-rose-titanium-bridge-saddles-w-inserts-set-of-6

You might contact them to see if they sell individual saddles, but you're already contemplating half of a set anyway...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
dannyalcatraz, I've noticed that as well they're in stock, but only the full set. Good call on contacting them though to see about individual saddles, I'll probably do that.

dspellman,
Hmm, not necessarily "Heavier" in a tone way but more durable, if anything I picture them brightening the tone. I'll see about uploading some pictures off my phone of my string indentations into the saddle in a bit, my camera lens is cracked so it might be iffy.
The problem has only happened on the lower strings, and I don't necessarily have the money for a full set or the will to save up that much.

Does anyone know the deal with the saddles on the Floyd Rose website is? A lot of the other titanium components are in stock but just all the saddles are out of stock, and it's been like this for quite a long time.
Quote by timbit2006
dannyalcatraz, I've noticed that as well they're in stock, but only the full set. Good call on contacting them though to see about individual saddles, I'll probably do that.

dspellman,
Hmm, not necessarily "Heavier" in a tone way but more durable, if anything I picture them brightening the tone. I'll see about uploading some pictures off my phone of my string indentations into the saddle in a bit, my camera lens is cracked so it might be iff

Does anyone know the deal with the saddles on the Floyd Rose website is? A lot of the other titanium components are in stock but just all the saddles are out of stock, and it's been like this for quite a long time.

could be that the parts didn't sell well and they can't just order saddles at the wholesale price they get for all parts. sounds like you just need higher grade steel to me. what Floyd do you have?
Last edited by monwobobbo at Aug 11, 2016,
Quote by monwobobbo
could be that the parts didn't sell well and they can't just order saddles at the wholesale price they get for all parts. sounds like you just need higher grade steel to me. what Floyd do you have?

It's an OEM Original Floyd Rose off a BC Rich ASM Pro, black matte finish.

I guess I should mention, I started using D'Addario Friction Remover before sets a couple shows back, and it seems like it's helping for sure, especially with the string breaking. I've never actually had it happen live likely because I put a fresh set of strings on almost every time.
Titanium saddle would not affect or improve the tone, it is a durable material used to hold the string in place, it will not be emboss with the string outline, I bought original Floyd Rose Titanium blocks but they don't fit my Takeuchi made Floyd Rose.. :/
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
psp742 That's the exact reason I want to upgrade. I love my guitar's tone and wouldn't trade it for any other in the world, so I'm doing this purely from a strength standpoint as I have caused grooves in my regular steel saddles.
Not sure if the block is as important as the two pivot blade edge, or the locking nut.. I assume hardened steel is sufficient.. BTW, who is the manufacturer of your guitar Floyd Rose? I only have one guitar with Floyd Rose locking tremolo system.. Washburn Maverick BT-6 HSH with Takeuchi licensed Floyd Rose (comparable quality to Schaller Germany).. I find keeping floating tremolo much harder to pull off when changing strings.. so I got Shred neck trem block and to help maintain perfect tuning, i rely on Super-vee maglok, allow me to do bends and dive bombs when needed.
I have Washburn guitars 'Maverick Series' and bass 'Bantam Series' and a few pedals and amps, but man I wish to have more patience and drive practicing my playing, if it's equal to the modding itch, then I'm golden.
Last edited by psp742 at Aug 13, 2016,
Are you having trouble with strings breaking? I've had that problem before due to a burr on the saddle. You might try using a graphite lubricant on the saddle, especially your new ones. Pencil lead seems to work for me.
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
The OP is concerned with string grooves forming on the saddle block.. I conclude the OP Floyd Rose is a licensed version and may not be made with best material.. harden steel edge allow better pivot point.