Hello,
Where is a good source to get tweed cable in bulk? I'm not looking for anything vintage, I just love the appearance and if I'm ordering cable; might as well make er nice. Quality counts for sure, I've been mostly using the same cables since around 2006 and would like to get a similar lifetime out of my new ones.
I guess ideally I'd want a black/blue tweed or blue/silver to match my Ampeg amps.
Thanks for some links.
I guess if you happen to know any Canadian sites, that's even better.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by Arby911
http://btpa.com

Search for CA-0446

+1
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Oh crap, totally chooched er last night and forgot to hit reply before shutting down the computer.
I definitely like the look of the Blue/Black tweed they have there, basic to say the least, I'm more into more complex tweed patterns like the houndstooth pattern(If you don't know the pattern, think of Ricky's shirt from Trailer Park Boys). It should do the job, but I will wait a while to see what other responses I get.

Here's another question to throw out there, anyone know a place in Canada to get Neutrik and Ream connectors cheap? I can get them locally for something like 3.50-4 bucks for the 1/4 speaker connector, which I prefer to use for my regular patch cables.
If you go there and search for CA-0446 as suggested, you'll see they have several different variations.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Arby911
Whoa, take er easy that's the first thing I did.
How's the Evidence_Melody? Seems like it might be good for my guitar>pedals connection at the very least, I'm planning on doing a 50 footer here.
Last edited by timbit2006 at Aug 11, 2016,
Quote by timbit2006
Arby911
Whoa, take er easy that's the first thing I did.

You misread, I'm not stressed at all it's just that you specifically mentioned the blue/black he linked to and I thought you might have thought that was all they had so I posted that to give you some alternatives.
Charles Darwin
Oh okay yeah for sure, it's all good. I was figuring you were saying I hadn't put the effort in.

So are BTPA cables all made in USA? I ask because of the free trade between Canada and America, so I'd rather buy something blatantly labeled with Made in USA so I don't get slapped with any border fees. I have used PO boxes, but for something under 100 bucks it's not worth the drive down to the states.
Yer awfully jumpy for a Canuck!

Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Yer awfully jumpy for a Canuck!

Maybe one of those moose/guy hybrids we've been hearing about.

Lonely Canadian... Friendly moose...

*poof*
Quote by dspellman

Lonely Canadian... Friendly moose...

*poof*

Or vice versa...
Charles Darwin
Quote by dspellman
Um...yeah, the curly fries, I guess...

Everyone knows you can't get curly fries at McDonalds! Sheesh! Moose R Stupid!!
Charles Darwin
Alright, well I really don't know what to say about all that. And just so ya know, real Canadian Moose don't go to McDonalds, they go to Tim Hortons, eh.

What would the downsides be of having a solid core patch cable? I've noticed this Evidence_Melody cable claims itself to be superior because of the solid copper core, but I'm pretty sure most companies use stranded because it is flexible. I definitely wouldn't mind investing in a better quality cable.
http://btpa.com/Evidence_Melody.html
Quote by timbit2006
Alright, well I really don't know what to say about all that. And just so ya know, real Canadian Moose don't go to McDonalds, they go to Tim Hortons, eh.

What would the downsides be of having a solid core patch cable? I've noticed this Evidence_Melody cable claims itself to be superior because of the solid copper core, but I'm pretty sure most companies use stranded because it is flexible. I definitely wouldn't mind investing in a better quality cable.
http://btpa.com/Evidence_Melody.html

I'm not sure you would actually notice any difference (tonally). The signals we're seeing as guitarists are pretty easy to accurately transfer, so while the cable in question may look better on paper I strongly suspect it's an insignificant difference in the real world.
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Aug 12, 2016,