Hi folks,

So I have loads of guitars, I've been playing for years.

I have come to the decision that I don't need *loads* of $300 guitars. What I really need is one beautiful-sounding $2000 (ballpark) guitar.

So I have decided to sell my Yamaha, Takamine, 2 Fenders, Epiphone and Fernandes (I'm keeping the Rickenbacker) and I will use the money to buy a nice electro-acoustic.

I'm not really familiar with the higher end of electro-acoustics, so I'd appreciate some guidance.

I would love a Hummingbird but it's just a little above my price range.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Do you have any idea what you want in one? Body shape and wood would be a good starting point. Acoustic guitars in that price point is almost impossible to go wrong. You can get some really nice instruments for that.
Thanks for the reply.
I would like something cutaway and I like mahogany. Aside from that I am not fussy.
I do not use a pick, so it shouldn't be too quiet. Having said that I do not want it to sound too bright, the sound has to have nice warmth and a rich, full-bodied tone.
That make sense?
I would recommend saving to get the guitar you want first of all, you mentioned the hummingbird in your first post, you will be much more satisfied in the end. In my own personal experience you can buy a guitar to cure the GAs but if it's not the guitar your heart was set in you will almost always still long for it sooner or later, but if for some reason you cannot do so, The first place I would start my search is the martin performing artist series, I myself happen to like the ones I've played a lot. They offer several model that you may be interested in. And if the those are not your thing look at the Taylors in your price point. They are also really good guitars as well, and of course Gibby makes a non cutaway hummingbird at your the top end of your price range.
Taylor, Martin, Gibson, Larrivee. I like Taylors on technical grounds, but tone is a question of personal preference. Higher price does not always mean better, it just means different or more bling. A cedar top might fit your requirement for loud, warm and full-bodied, but it is a case of try it and see. FWIW, I have never tried a Gibson square-shoulder dread that I thought was any good for fingerpicking (I'm strictly a fingerpicker), the slope Ds are IMO better, but vary a lot in tone.