Ok , so I have a JVC UX-LP55 Hi-Fi and I was thinking of getting an e-drum kit.
my question is whether would I be able to connect the drums with the Hi-Fi so that I can jam with friends.

Thanks for help

JVC UX-LP55 specifications ;
http://www.disc-player.com/jvc-ux-lp55b.html

Drums specifications ;
Not sure yet
Yeah, you will be able to. You'd be risking blowing your speakers though, you'd likely have to crank that thing to the tits.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by timbit2006
Yeah, you will be able to. You'd be risking blowing your speakers though, you'd likely have to crank that thing to the tits.

I have considered that but I thought that
if it can amplify a song with drums why not be
able to amplify the raw track of the drums ?
:P
Just theory though
There's quite a bit of dynamic range difference between a raw percussive audio signal sent from drums and a nice smooth, compressed music signal. But then again at the same time people do listen to bass heavy dubstep and whatnot so I guess there's a counter argument there.
I personally used to use my 8" Energy Hi-Fi speakers as "PA Speakers". It worked decent for what it was and the room we were in had 6' ceilings so the sound had no issues getting around. Now the problem arose when one day, without thinking about it we were recording using my same interface, and unintentionally routing the bass signals from the microphone directly to my hi-fi speakers. To this day that speaker is still blown.
So I guess, just take caution when using non-pa speakers for pa applications.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by timbit2006

I personally used to use my 8" Energy Hi-Fi speakers as "PA Speakers". It worked decent for what it was and the room we were in had 6' ceilings so the sound had no issues getting around. Now the problem arose when one day, without thinking about it we were recording using my same interface, and unintentionally routing the bass signals from the microphone directly to my hi-fi speakers. To this day that speaker is still blown.
So I guess, just take caution when using non-pa speakers for pa applications.

Cool thanks for the advice