Hello!
What is a good electric guitar in the $200-$250 price range, and a good amp in the $50-$75 price range?
What would we do without guitars?
What kind of music are you looking to play? And I'm not sure you can get an amp for anywhere south of 100$, unless it's craigslist.
Who needs shred when you've got rhythm guitar? :^)
Guitars:
Jackson King V (With a Wilde L500XL in the bridge)
Ibanez Iron Label RGIX27FEQM (7-string)
Depends on what you're looking for in a guitar/amp.

Describing that you want something 'good' isn't very helpful.

If you ask me, 'good' and $75 are very mutually exclusive.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 12, 2016,
I think you are being optimistic re the amp - "good"and $75 don't go together, unless you get lucky in the used market. I would be looking at something like a Roland Micro Cube at $150 for the amp and $150 or so for a used guitar. Do you have anyone who could help you choose a used guitar? My favourite guitar cost about $50 from the local hock shop, and all it needed was a set up and some new strings.
Last edited by Tony Done at Aug 12, 2016,
adexder I'm looking to play mostly country music, and if $75 won't work for an amp, what about $100-$150?
What would we do without guitars?
Quote by jdherron
adexder I'm looking to play mostly country music, and if $75 won't work for an amp, what about $100-$150?
Gotcha. I don't play country, I play dropped tuning heavy metal + groove metal haha, but I know a bit about music with less gain as well. For country I would say go with the most classic guitar shapes that come with single coil pickups for the most part (Stratocaster, Telecaster, or Les Paul). As for the Strat and Tele, there are many good brands that sell them such as Squier which are a part of the fender company, just cheaper. Same with Epiphone and Gibson for the Les Paul. Epiphone make a lot of great affordable guitars and I'd recommend looking into them. NOTE: If you really want to you could probably see if you can find expensive guitars for prices as good as 200-300$ in a pawn shop. I've heard these places are good for buying guitars and amps for cheap (And pretty much anything else). Don't take my word for it though :P

About the amp, as Tony mentioned, the Roland Micro cube is a good amp to start with. It has pretty decent cleans and simple settings. If you really wanted you could see if you can find some cheaper Fender amps. I've heard good things about those as well.

Best of luck with your electric guitar search!
Who needs shred when you've got rhythm guitar? :^)
Guitars:
Jackson King V (With a Wilde L500XL in the bridge)
Ibanez Iron Label RGIX27FEQM (7-string)
Last edited by dspellman at Aug 15, 2016,
Hello. I'm buying my first electric guitar and I'm looking into the Yamaha Pacifica 112 or the Yamaha Revstar 320. I don't plan to change anything on the guitar's structure or pickups. Which one should I get? I hope you can help. Thanks.
Please dont bump old threads.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.