hello all.
just wanted to post my soundcloud to the public and see if i could get any constructive criticism on my music.
whether it be the songwriting, guitar playing, vocals (oh god the vocals)...my buddy took the dry recordings and did whatever wanted to do to them.

my biggest concern is that i don't have a band. it's not that i particularly care or want one, but i don't gig. ever. i'm really not sure i can, since it would only be me up there with a single guitar playing really lowkey tunes that (to me) don't really stand strong on their own. but then again im extremely self critical so any comments would be appreciated !!

thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/search?q=rob%20picarelli
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
i like ur style, and ur voice has potential, lyrics need to be a bit more sophisticated I Hope Everything Works Out
kirt54 hey thanks! can you elaborate a bit more on the sophistication bit?
GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
The lyrics capture your mood, which i like, but your mood and overall delivery doesnt evoke emotion. No one owns emotion yet we all share in it, thats where ur mind should be wandering. imo
Last edited by kirt54 at Aug 22, 2016,
kirt54 so my lyrics are void of emotion or the delivery? or is it both? I do agree that my singing isnt particularly exciting. and are you referring specifically to the track I Hope Everything Works Out?
I cant deconstruct ur lyrics, but whatever their meaning they were lost, obvs is an emotional song, but so is jealous guy, you need to sell it.
Last edited by kirt54 at Aug 23, 2016,
I like the atmosphere with the production and what not. Was this recorded live or something? IT sounds good. It gives it a nice emotion. I like your voice, its a tiny bit pitchy at points but its overall pretty strong. It is most likely due to you just playing and singing, thats hard and for awhile it fucked with my singing as well. But definitely not too noticeable, good song. I like the harmonies that come in vocally. The "slapping" is a good addition and definitely gives the song a pulsing, fun, sound. I like the sax horn thingy that comes in. Nice work overall!

I hate plugging my music but I think you'd like it. It's a bit heavier but it's still pretty catchy and well done! If you checked it out and gave me criticism I'd greatly appreciate it Thanks