Thanks for checking out my track and letting me know your thoughts. Bottoms up, what is it like progressive surf rock? lol. Anyway it is pretty wild sounding and your lead lines you pepper in here and there are really impressive, clearly you're a talented player in your own right. I like how there are a lot of familiar sounding melodies that I have heard before but I couldn't tell you where, maybe like at 0:20 sounds kind of like Wipe Out for example, but you made them your own for sure so good job.
mrmo,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your tune: you might remember I'm into surf rock also. I actually met Dick Dale after he played a concert in Avalon, Catalina Island, California, USA. Very nice guitar playing! Besides the Dick Dale influence, I hear some EVH influence also. The ending could have been more dramatic, but otherwise everything sounds great! Any chance getting a free download on that tune?
mrmo,

Thank you for the review! I can definitely hear the EVH, and a bit of Yngwie too. It is a very nice song which seems fun to play and listen to. I can see it get the crowd going in a live situation.

Fantastic job
Quote by aaron aardvark
mrmo,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your tune: you might remember I'm into surf rock also. I actually met Dick Dale after he played a concert in Avalon, Catalina Island, California, USA. Very nice guitar playing! Besides the Dick Dale influence, I hear some EVH influence also. The ending could have been more dramatic, but otherwise everything sounds great! Any chance getting a free download on that tune?

Thanks!
No problem, made it available for download now!
Fantastic I hear a lot of influences I hear some satriani and a little Eddie in there. You've got some great chops everything is nice and tight has nice flow and melody. I agree with the above comment saying the ending could've been bigger but that's a very minor detail overall just a solid solid track nice work
Badass man. Ever listen to the band Agent Orange? I think you would really like them, they are a surf Punk band. I like how there are some shred guitar elements in this song, not all surf rock has those quick licks it makes your music really unique. Really great work keep it up man.

Also please check out this track of mine,
Epic! We need more Surf guitar in this world and that tune would rock any club. Bravo!
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Had to comment again, seriously good, amazing piece of work. I suppose the best feedback is when you hear something that inspires you. I had a stab at my own kind of retro surf tune and now i have a nice little tune. So thanks for sharing your work
Last edited by kirt54 at Aug 17, 2016,
I love this tune, dude. I like how you meshed some 80's style guitar up in there as well. I do wish that there was a better ending, though! That quick fade out is kind of jarring because you're still jamming out when it hits. Also! I listened to Hurry Up! and it is absolutely brilliant! You're a very talented guitarist my man, keep it up!
Quote by mangablade
If star wars had a Heavy Metal band (no not "Vader" lol), then you would be it. You sound like a anrgy mother****ing Yoda.

I sound like an angry Yoda...is that a good thing...or a bad thing? lol
Wow, You've got the vibe going. I really liked the second guitar at 0:27 going from one side to the other. Nice little touch and that octaver part at 1:40, nice, finishing of with a crazy solo.

Maybe one thing I'd like is some double guitars left and right to make it more stereo. But that's just my preference.
2 things I noticed right off the bat... 1) The guitar tone sounds awesome! 2) Overall mix sounds a bit muffled. But I'm enjoying hearing all the different influences, like people said above I heard the Yngwie part, and to me some Kirk Hammett from Kill 'Em All. The song flows nicely, the transitions are smooth, and the structure is great. Sounds like you've been doing this for quite a while. Really like your lead tone.
Hey mrmo,

Returning a crit.

Right off the bat with the intro I'm not "in love" with the drum sounds but with the way you have this track mixed it seems like you were going for a guitar demo.

Your guitar tone works and your playing is tops, love the little frills and bits thrown in.

:26 the pan effect is a work of amazing production

One of my biggest issues is that the drums are very wide but the guitar is mono.

The bass tone is in need of serious love not only in room for it to fill or a "bracket" but also a compression check imo would need to be done between it and the drums.

The octave part is great but here you lose very little of where the bass was playing out.

Love the lynrd style lead that comes in.

Remix this and go license it for TV dude
Oh yeah,always love me some surf rock!

Nice production, but could benefit from double tracked guitars...that being said, your lead playing and tone is awesome. Loving the little licks here and there and the song was just the right length.

One word:Awesome!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1710497
woo more surf rock! tight playing, great tone - i especially like the way the locks in with the bass in the final riff to close the song. it sounds like some big beefy octaver action. Your picking technique is dynamic and keeps the listeners attention piqued throughout the song, such as at 1:00, where you go from slow picking, to very fast, then to some wild whammy bar all in the matter of a few seconds. It really shows you have command over this style of playing and are owning it. There were a couple spots where it sounded like some whammy bar dives bottomed out (like 1:10), I dunno if it's the case, but it sounds like separate takes were spliced together there so watch those transitions.One of my favorite parts is 1:32 where you offer 3 different flavors of that lick, ending off with the bass, that was a really nice touch. Anyway, I really dig the coupla surf tunes you've put up and I hope there will be more where this came from!

You can find my new music here if you'd like to c4c ~

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1710556