It's like $650 and it's neck through and has some nice active pickups. I don't get what makes it so cheap other than that it's made in Indonesia
Quote by dspellman
That's mostly it.
does that really change that much though vs a guitar made in the US or Japan?
Quote by ZachDro
It changes the labour cost, and it changes what people are willing to pay for it. Margins are more than enough to include some fancy features (which aren't necessarily anywhere near as expensive to produce as you might think) without a CEO somewhere feeling the hit.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by ZachDro

Yup.
Quote by dspellman
Yup.
How? Aside from what k33n said about labour cost. This Jackson plays just as well as any guitar made in the US that I've played.
K33nbl4d3does it change anything related to playability? I honestly feel like this guitar plays as well as most Japan or US made guitars that I've played.
ZachDro
It can be argued that Indonesian guitars are likely to have lesser quality control*, but would the country of manufacture affect the playability? No. Sure, it's possible to make a guitar badly, but a production line guitar that isn't a lemon isn't going to play worse because the guys who put it together were in Aceh rather than Corona.

*For the record, I wouldn't necessarily make that claim myself.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Aug 13, 2016,
If it had a Floyd it would be higher price. For me I would never buy a Jackson like that, ether double locking or a string through hard tail. I suppose it is technically a hard tail, but it looks like a strat trem visually. Might not be selling well = lower price.

If it plays well I would buy it without hesitation.
Last edited by guitarkid8 at Aug 13, 2016,
Quote by guitarkid8
If it had a Floyd it would be higher price. For me I would never buy a Jackson like that, ether double locking or a string through hard tail. I suppose it is technically a hard tail, but it looks like a strat trem visually. Might not be selling well = lower price.

If it plays well I would buy it without hesitation.
It's not "technically" a hard tail, it simply is a string-through hardtail.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by ZachDro
How? Aside from what k33n said about labour cost. This Jackson plays just as well as any guitar made in the US that I've played.

I'm not decrying the quality or playability of the guitar.
It costs SO much less to produce the guitar in Indonesia or China for a variety of reasons.
It's also true that some US manufacturers charge more than they need to for a guitar in some cases.
I think that Agile AL-3200 guitars at $499 are spectacular examples of the Les Paul style, with neck-through construction, ebony fretboards, real MOP inlays, carved neck heels, tummy cuts, etc., and these are built in Korea (last I checked). For another $100 (or less) selling price, these could come with Floyds and 24-fret necks as well.

Most of the hardware for US-made guitars comes from Asian sources, most of the wood for US-made guitars comes from Asian sources (maple is an exception, though chinese maple is also some of the best in the world). A lot of Asian factories are new and efficient and don't deal with the same environmental, insurance, taxation, property costs, labor laws, unions, etc. that some of the American sources do.

FWIW, an importer figures the selling price of a guitar at six to ten times what it costs them. Thus, a $650 Jackson will cost the importer $100 or less to purchase in volume. That's the figure that most guitarists can't get their heads around. But if you attend just one NAMM show in Anaheim and ask "how much per thousand pieces," of the direct exporters, you'll finally get it. Once in the US, imported guitars have several layers of corporate profit, tax, advertising costs, inventory costs, brick and mortar costs, etc., tacked on.
Sorry, was just looking quickly. Still, I stand by my comment on the visual appearance. For me, the SLATTXMG would be worth an extra $50