Page 1 of 2
Feelin frustrated with the same damn people I keep hanging with. One's a flakey son of a bitch...just ruined my weekend plans, another one fails so hard at being an adult, the other one has no ambition. Ready to trade for way cooler upgrades.

Anybody else?

yes, yes, I know... "it's not them, it's you" etc etc

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Aug 12, 2016,
i don't befriend vehicles, sorry

Quote by MinterMan22
i don't befriend vehicles, sorry
LOL

shiiiit

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by mattedbird
what do i have to do to get you into a new friend today?
LMAO

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Yeah, sometimes. Mostly cause I don't have a lot in common with my friends. Not having the same interests makes most of my hobbies solo events for me.
I did the get rid of part, but I forgot how to get and keep new ones.

I guess i'm the no ambition guy now
Last edited by mattedbird at Aug 12, 2016,
My closest friends are pretty dope, but most of them are pretty far away. Only problem is they're a bit more normie and not as much into the same, weird shit I am into. Except drinking, yeah.

What's that thing you said Xixi, "you're as good as the people you're around"? Or in your case, "as shitty" lmao
Last edited by Fat Lard at Aug 12, 2016,
Quote by Fat Lard
What's that thing you said Xixi, "you're as good as the people you're around"? Or in your case, "as shitty" lmao
To be fair I never said "as good as", but rather, "the average of".

Anyways, sick burn, forum posting script.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
damn, n1.

Think I'm going to start playing poker with a not-too-far college friend's new buds later weekends though. That's a thing I'm into that's normal now that I think about it. My liver can only take so much "fishing"
"i have become an asshole"
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Ayy hook me up wit dem digits??
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
You have a girlfriend, you don't need friends.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Perhaps look at this from another point of view. What can you do to help them?

I have some friends you can lease
Last edited by metaldud536 at Aug 12, 2016,
tfw you spend the first 5 years trying to get with the plan & the next 5 years trying to be with your friends again
Quote by metaldud536
Perhaps look at this from another point of view. What can you do to help them?
Now that's a good question. Let's address one by one:

- flakey bitch: I mean, not really something that needs to be "helped." His life is sorted otherwise, this is just completely and only to my detriment of enjoyment.
- failing adulthood bitch: I've put in more effort with advice, etc, into this guy than is reasonable by any standard. He's a testament to what I will mention below.
- no ambition bitch: I got him his first and only real job, but he's squandering the opportunity, will be hard to move forward.

The thing I've learned over the years is...you cannot help anyone who doesn't want to help themselves. You can try your hardest, and they may even appear to reciprocate, but in the end they're not going to progress for shit if they fundamentally don't care.

I have some friends you can lease
Very tempting...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
What can you do to make them want to help themselves?
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by bradulator
You have a girlfriend, you don't need friends.
ugh...people who only hang out with their gf and shit are the worst.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
What can you do to make them want to help themselves?
I don't know, how much are they paying?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Aug 13, 2016,
Quote by neidnarb11890
i will be your new friend xixi. : )

not!
thank god...

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I grow apart from my friends, even really good ones. Seems we have little in common these days.

My lifestyle is completely different to everyone I grew up with, they're all happy with jobs, cars and girlfriends. Who wouldn't be I guess, I'm happy with my freedom for now.
i love all of my friends
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
I've done that a couple of times. Mainly just to get away from drug addicts on the "wrong" drugs and lack of self-moderation.
I can be your friend and then introduce you to loads of useless obscure scales and modes :^)
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer
I can be your friend and then introduce you to loads of useless obscure scales and modes :^)
psh, I'm certified in scales and modes... and I can tell you certifiably how useless they are....

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I hope you're not talking about me

But yeah my best friend was being a superflake last year and I was very hurt by it cuz she upset my plans for an entire week during my only break. I still haven't seen her because she doesn't live here but we're ok now and I will be ready for her potential flakiness next time.
cat
Sometimes i wonder what it would be like to be in band with responsible people. like people that dont break the law, drink responsibly, show up on time, practice regularly.
I went over to my best friend's yesterday, he was watching anime, we went to the store for booze, then watched anime.

I have great friends.

He's the only friend I have with a wife who's actually cool.

All my friends are married and/or have kids, hell one just got a new girlfriend with SEVEN fucknig kids, I don't know why, he's an idiot imo. I don't go over to his house needless to say, it's fucking noisy and obnoxious there.

I would like younger friends with good drug connections who don't have kids, sometimes, but I like the friends I have now.
Last edited by stratkat at Aug 13, 2016,
you need to surround yourself with go getters, people with drive, people with ambition, people who say yes i can do that, people on the up and up, people who are going places lickety split, people who have places to see and people to go, people who are motivated and enjoy life, people with no limits, people who aim for the stars, people who are open to positive mental experiences, people with a glass half full, people with a full glass, people who will drink whats in the glass and then try to sell you the glass because it is an opportunity to start over, people who have what it takes to be the very best like no one ever was, people with a dream, a goal, an objective, a duty, a target, a mission, a destination
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
( )_( ) signature to help him gain World Domination

Do you remember chalk hearts melting on a playground wall
Do you remember dawn escapes from moon washed college halls
Do you remember the cherry blossom in the market square
Do you remember I thought it was confetti in our hair
Quote by kalypto
you need to surround yourself with go getters, people with drive, people with ambition, people who say yes i can do that, people on the up and up, people who are going places lickety split, people who have places to see and people to go, people who are motivated and enjoy life, people with no limits, people who aim for the stars, people who are open to positive mental experiences, people with a glass half full, people with a full glass, people who will drink whats in the glass and then try to sell you the glass because it is an opportunity to start over, people who have what it takes to be the very best like no one ever was, people with a dream, a goal, an objective, a duty, a target, a mission, a destination

Methheads have most of these qualities.
Maybe the fact that you have bad friends is more of a reflection of you.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I mean, I guess we could but I deffo know some peeps that hit some of those categories so it would be more of a sidegrade really.

It would mostly be for the change of scenery.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
why are you so concerned that some of your friends have no ambition? your average-of-the-people-around-you shtick sounds less like an astute observation and more like an insecurity.

Quote by neidnarb11890
tfw you spend the first 5 years trying to get with the plan & the next 5 years trying to be with your friends again

sleeping off the last five years takes another five years
i don't know why i feel so dry
Hell nah. My friends are great. Although they live on different continents now.

I'm the burnout friend though, so maybe they're complaining about me on another forum.
I've dropped many friends over the years, and for various reasons. Sometimes you befriend someone and later find they aren't everything you thought they was. I especially dislike when someone is negative all the time and never has anything funny, or helpful, to say.
i used to be really picky and judgemental about potential friends.

i still am a bit i guess, but i dont take it so seriously anymore.

like at my friend's 4th of July bbq: the singer from the band i quit was there. one of the reasons i started to hate him was because he was always a bit of a racist and a homophobe. not really malicious about it, just ignorant.

i wasnt gonna be a dick at my friends house and not talk to him or some petty shit and we got along fine the whole time.

hurray for getting over yourself.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Getting over yourself is key really.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by guitarxo
I hope you're not talking about me
of course!!! plot twist: all 3 of the people I was talking about is actually just you....
But yeah my best friend was being a superflake last year and I was very hurt by it cuz she upset my plans for an entire week during my only break. I still haven't seen her because she doesn't live here but we're ok now and I will be ready for her potential flakiness next time.
yea their lack of respect for your time is the rudest goddamn thing. One of the only things that truly piss me off.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by kalypto
Holy shit yes!!!!!!!! I need this carfriend in my driveway asap!!!

Quote by Eastwinn
why are you so concerned that some of your friends have no ambition? your average-of-the-people-around-you shtick sounds less like an astute observation and more like an insecurity.
much smarter and successful people than me figured out the "average" thing, not me. I'll go with them.

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I'm the burnout friend though, so maybe they're complaining about me on another forum.
Hell, people complain about you openly here even!

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Getting over yourself is key really.
Fuck that. If you get over yourself, then THEY WIN!!!

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Aug 13, 2016,
Page 1 of 2