Preferably things to do alone.
I have 16% battery on my phone.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Try twiddling your thumbs or watching paint dry

If there isn't any wet paint around, just stare blankly at a wall and wonder how you will cope in a life without power
I have nothing important to say
Phone or guitar.
Sometimes I like to just stare at the rain and/or thunderstorm.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
No paint, will try twiddling thumbs

Love the metallic sound with no amplification. Also its not even raining/stormy
Light candles, play guitar and read
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
play scales and arpeggios

This is just good life advice
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Last winter I didn't have electricity so it was just guitar and phone bollocks, and then walking to starbucks to charge my phone
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
For an entire winter?
That sounds horrible.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
the things I usually do when I'm not using electricity

reading, playing instruments (especially my own), writing, photographing, watching the world go by etc
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Power's back now probably. I ended up playing guitar for the first time in a year. Also read a book. It's surprisingly hard to read by candlelight, at least with the runt candles I have, cause the flame is below the pages, when resting it on a table, so you have to lift it up on something, but then the overall light level goes down. Then you squint to read the pages, while simultaneously trying to keep the candle light out of your eyes, cause then everything looks dark compared to it. I just need some of those tall thin candles I reckon, cast a light on everything.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Play the guitar. Go for a walk maybe. Maybe take a long hot bath (before the hot water cools down).
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
play scales and arpeggios

Are you nuts? Far more fun to aimlessly noodle.....
The last time there was a power out here was last summer and I hit the driving range.

Was a good call.

Usually though I'll just go for a walk, go chill with peeps or noodle on something.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Gatecrasher53
For an entire winter?
That sounds horrible.

that's pretty much Scandinavia in general
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
i only just noticed at my house that we more often get these half assed power outages where there's still just enough power for my standing fan to keep spinning super slow.

last night was really weird.

i was in my room and my tv/wii u went out. fan spinning slowly.

go downstairs and the kitchen light is flickering in and out but the tv in the living room was still on with whatever crap my mom had been watching.

ghosts
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Last edited by jakesmellspoo at Aug 13, 2016,
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i only just noticed at my house that we more often get these half assed power outages where there's still just enough power for my standing fan to keep spinning super slow.

last night was really weird.

i was in my room and my tv/wii u went out. fan spinning slowly.

go downstairs and the kitchen light is flickering in and out but the tv in the living room was still on with whatever crap my mom had been watching.

ghosts

Sounds like a brown out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownout_(electricity)

We once had an issue where one phase of power was out, so lights in 1/3rd of the house were gone but the rest was working as normal. Also, it was summer so the AC stopped working, it was barely working b4 that, but then we had nothing.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Quote by Gatecrasher53
Sounds like a brown out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownout_(electricity)

We once had an issue where one phase of power was out, so lights in 1/3rd of the house were gone but the rest was working as normal. Also, it was summer so the AC stopped working, it was barely working b4 that, but then we had nothing.
i thought that might be the term, but my inner 12 year old hears brownout and thinks about shitting your pants.

doesnt help that the power company in my area is JCP&L and they're notoriously awful.

completely outdated infrastructure.

just an above average gust of wind can knock the power out for our whole town for the rest of the night.

on top of that there seems to be a yearly occurrence of an old man losing control of his car in a light drizzle, crashing into a telephone pole at snail speed and knocking the power out.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
light candles summon the dead etc
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I thought the power had gone out in our whole street the other night but then a bus went past with it's lights on.
RPD - Finger Pickin' Good
Our power grid in town here is super weird. One time a guy crashed his car into a power pole and caused a blackout, so all our computers at work were down and stuff, but somehow the computers up on the second floor were still operating.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
a few winters ago there was this insane ice storm that wiped out power in my neighbourhood like a week before x-mas all the way to new years. it was actually kinda surreal tbh. literally everything was frozen, the trees were all falling over onto the roads and it was almost impossible to walk or drive anywhere cause of how thick & slippery the ground was. there weren't any streetlights either but luckily at night the moon would reflect off all the ice and it was one of the most beautiful things i've seen to this day.

realest talks ok best thing to do in a situation like that is to find someone to spend time with. i would meet up with a qt and we'd trek it out to the one tim horton's that still had power and charge our phones/get coffee/chat/etc before warming each other up by holding hands and skating around in our boots. just simple fun shit like a bunch of kids at recess yknow? i spent that christmas playing dumb drinking games with my siblings and chilling with a bunch of weird family members i rarely see. fun time deh ya

Last edited by MinterMan22 at Aug 13, 2016,
My neighborhood lost half it's power one night the other week after a storm. The whole house was only getting half voltage, it was interesting. The power came back in like 20 mins, I just sat in my dimly lit room on my phone.
Cry.
Quote by Anonymous
My favorite sex position is called "WOW". That's where I flip your MOM over.
Quote by MinterMan22
a few winters ago there was this insane ice storm that wiped out power in my neighbourhood like a week before x-mas all the way to new years. it was actually kinda surreal tbh. literally everything was frozen, the trees were all falling over onto the roads and it was almost impossible to walk or drive anywhere cause of how thick & slippery the ground was. there weren't any streetlights either but luckily at night the moon would reflect off all the ice and it was one of the most beautiful things i've seen to this day.

realest talks ok best thing to do in a situation like that is to find someone to spend time with. i would meet up with a qt and we'd trek it out to the one tim horton's that still had power and charge our phones/get coffee/chat/etc before warming each other up by holding hands and skating around in our boots. just simple fun shit like a bunch of kids at recess yknow? i spent that christmas playing dumb drinking games with my siblings and chilling with a bunch of weird family members i rarely see. fun time deh ya

I wish i was canadian so i could ice skate hand-in-hand with a qt. Down here we just say pass me another stubbie yah cunt.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Quote by Gatecrasher53
I wish i was canadian so i could ice skate hand-in-hand with a qt. Down here we just say pass me another stubbie yah cunt.

Nah, down here it's "Ay love, wanna come for a spin in me Commie and then head to the skate park for a stubbie?"
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Nah, down here it's "Ay love, wanna come for a spin in me Commie and then head to the skate park for a stubbie?"

That's love for yah. You can tell cause he only usually does burnouts for his mates
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Quote by Gatecrasher53
That's love for yah. You can tell cause he only usually does burnouts for his mates

Awww but mate, Shazz is a real ripper chick yeh.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass