Page 1 of 2
Agree/disagree? Discuss.

Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
1. Maybe but I can't get obscure sake wine from any small shop near me.

2. EFFOOOOORT.

3. EFFOOOORT and difficult. You need a whole different mindset for that.

4. Apart from the 3rd, who the fuck is not vaccinating their kids or taking them to a hospital? (rather rhetorical)

5. HDHUHMHGHGH FUCK OFF

6. UIHFHMIUGMUSGHUI DOUBLE FUCK OFF

7. Well maybe for a little bit of time yeah? But that's still pretty coddling.

8. Actually agree with the idea, but not the stated reasons behind it.

9. But who in the country is going buy my body fluid-fueled modern art sculptures?

10. Yo I aint gonna love hitler

dumb as shit list
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
agree

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by ErikLensherr
Agree/disagree? Discuss.

1. I don't have the time or money to shop local. Not a bad idea though.
2. I don't have a garden so I can't grow my own. Not a bad idea though. Home grown veg is better.
3. That's absurd unless you're lucky enough to live next to a clean river or own your own hot spring or something.
4. Okay it's gone full crazy already.
5. Homeopathy is awful.
6. Education should be left to the professionals
7. Nothing wrong with family really.
8. Nothing wrong with taking a break from screens. Entirely forgoing it is not though.
9. There's nothing superior about a country life vs a city life.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Systems need reform, not mindless rejection.

Yup. This, I'd argue, is the difference between maturity and juvenile angst.

Although I'd say it might depend on the severity of a given system's corruption. I don't see reform as a possibility for ISIS, for example. What this applies to is a system that is fundamentally humane, malleable, and carries longevity.

I stopped reading that list at #5. Fuck the children, I'll inject mine with all the vaccines they can get, and I'll never allow them the security of marijuana. They can rot in a school with other children who befriend them and teachers who work hard to oppress them with education. I reject your adherence to naturalism. FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME. DOWN WITH HIPPIE REIGN OF CAMPFIRES.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Aug 13, 2016,
#JillNotHill
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I think that not seeing power in terms of a monolithic System -- and understanding there are things you can do within the various systems to resist abuse & oppression -- are part of growing up.
You will not improve the lives & socioeconomic conditions of marginalized people by retreating to the countryside & ignoring it.

hippies
I'd disagree, when stated like the OP stated it. I would agree if he said "Accepting the realities of life", instead.

The reason I say that is that systems, in a political sense, CAN be changed and to not accept a bad system isn't a sign of immaturity.

Whoopee cushions, of which I own one, IS a sign of immaturity.
that's some peppers shit right there.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Uh let's see...the older I get, the more money I make (that gets robbed away), the more obamacare fucks me over, the more I see firsthand how much most gubmint employees deserve to be homeless...the more I hate the system, so...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by jakesmellspoo
that's some peppers shit right there.

11. Be the Greatest Guitarist - Practice Dem Scales and Arpeggios
Quote by Xiaoxi
Uh let's see...the older I get, the more money I make (that gets robbed away), the more obamacare fucks me over, the more I see firsthand how much most gubmint employees deserve to be homeless...the more I hate the system, so...
speaking of obamacare, i just recently had my first experience with the NJ side of things because my mom lost her insurance through her employer because they're dicking her around with disability.

we have state medicaid or something for the moment until NJ horizon starts next month and the fucking pharmacies don't know how to use the damn cards. i ended up transferring my script to another pharmacy just because i didn't feel like arguing with them for an hour when they told me they didn't accept it.

on top of that, they just send you these cards with no instructions on how to use them and their website has absolutely nothing to help either.

mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
if i'm circumcised does that mean i can no longer fuck the system?

Quote by Baby Joel
5. more like HOMOpathy ahahahahhahhhahhaaa

YOU'RE A HOMO!
Quote by gonzaw
I never understood what exactly the "system" is in these type of arguments. Like, there are hundreds to thousands of systems being in place in your every day life, which one are you talking about hun?

the system

duh

Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by gonzaw
I never understood what exactly the "system" is in these type of arguments. Like, there are hundreds to thousands of systems being in place in your every day life, which one are you talking about hun?

;|

The system man the whole thing.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I would agree that that's true, considering that it's a pretty broad statement and could cover disagreeing with large parts of the system, and being fine with that.
Also, numbers 4 & 5 on that list...fuck that noise, that's just stupidity.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Last edited by i_lovemetallica at Aug 13, 2016,
Homeopathic medicine wouldn't be labelled 'homeopathic' if it actually worked.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 13, 2016,
It also wouldn't be labelled "bullshit" if it actually worked

I've always found the argument of doing things "naturally" to be fucking dumb. That's why we have science, yeah, I'm not a huge fan of putting just any crap in my body, but should I eschew carrots simply because they are a product of artificial modification?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
It also wouldn't be labelled "bullshit" if it actually worked

I've always found the argument of doing things "naturally" to be fucking dumb. That's why we have science, yeah, I'm not a huge fan of putting just any crap in my body, but should I eschew carrots simply because they are a product of artificial modification?

Modern science has done wonders for medicine but I don't believe it has all the answers. The pharmaceutical industry is a multi-billion dollar profit machine. They don't actually want to cure diseases like cancer. They'd rather keep people alive and dependent on their drugs. There would be no profit for them if everybody was fighting fit.

Homeopathic treatments may be successful in some cases but there is now way that big pharma will spend any time or effort researching it if it is available to all without having to pay for it.
RPD - Finger Pickin' Good
Quote by rpd
Modern science has done wonders for medicine but I don't believe it has all the answers. The pharmaceutical industry is a multi-billion dollar profit machine. They don't actually want to cure diseases like cancer. They'd rather keep people alive and dependent on their drugs. There would be no profit for them if everybody was fighting fit.

Homeopathic treatments may be successful in some cases but there is now way that big pharma will spend any time or effort researching it if it is available to all without having to pay for it.

I find that part of the argument incredibly poor. Imagine the amount of money that pharmaceutical companies could make by selling the patents for the cure to cancer? It would be worth so much it would probably outstrip all their revenue from all their other products combined

And there have been many studies into the effectiveness of Homeopathic treatments, and the prevailing view is that it's quack science.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by rpd

neither would the current peddlars of it ;^)
I have a new facebook rule, if I have a friend who shares anything by that wanker David Wolfe, they pretty much get immediately blocked.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
The Homeschool rationale is pretty dumb too in that pic. I'm all for parents teaching their kids about logic and reasoning, but there are a great deal of things that proper schooling and education teaches kids that parents just don't have the time or expertise do do properly.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
i haven't researched the topic in any depth but I was under the impression that most home schooling is only up to the level of, what the UK calls primary school, and not secondary/high school. Which is more plausible for ordinary parents to be able to do, but they would still need training and resources.

But, home-schooling parents would not need some skills that teachers do need, like relating to supervising and working with bigger groups of children.
Quote by Shield150
i haven't researched the topic in any depth but I was under the impression that most home schooling is only up to the level of, what the UK calls primary school, and not secondary/high school. Which is more plausible for ordinary parents to be able to do, but they would still need training and resources.

But, home-schooling parents would not need some skills that teachers do need, like relating to supervising and working with bigger groups of children.

That's my understanding as well. To appropriately home school a child to a high school level would require a great deal of expertise well outside the reach of the average parent.

I think it's important for parents to teach their kids basic literacy and numeracy skills, along with developing their personalities and encouraging them to mix with other people and pursue their interests.
Quote by mattedbird
it's for the children.

best line ever

Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Last edited by i_lovemetallica at Aug 13, 2016,
Page 1 of 2