Because. Tone.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
The only amps that can give you a clean tone are Roland JC-120s and Fender Twin Reverbs. Anything less is just a mediocre approximation. The Peavey 6505, meanwhile, is the only amp you can play metal on, others blow their tubes/transistors if you play a power chord. Tragic, really.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
The only amps that can give you a clean tone are Roland JC-120s and Fender Twin Reverbs. Anything less is just a mediocre approximation. The Peavey 6505, meanwhile, is the only amp you can play metal on, others blow their tubes/transistors if you play a power chord. Tragic, really.

c'mon this kid is a new player if you read his other thread so cut him some slack. ok so it's a totally n00b ? put in a totally n00b way but it's legit.

OP this is to vague of a ? to get any kind of useful answer. thee isn't a stock answer to give as there are so many options to achieve any tone. rethink this and try to ask more specific ?s to get better answers.
monwobobbo
I resent the implication that OP could need better answers than mine, but yes - a more specific question will yield a useful and probably predominantly serious response.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Last edited by K33nbl4d3 at Aug 14, 2016,
Quote by K33nbl4d3
monwobobbo
I resent the implication that OP could need better answers than mine, but yes - a more specific question will yield a useful and probably predominantly serious response.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
monwobobbo

sorry that I was so insensitive to your well thought out answer. had you said Polytone Mini Brute and Mesa Dual Rec I would have given it the thumbs up
There are a lot of ways to approach it. for a metal tone some just get a clean amp and use pedals for overdriven and high gain sounds. Roland Jazz chous is well known solid state clean sound and quite a few fenders make for good clean tones. High gain metal sounds I would guess a Mesa Rectifier model or a 5150 would get that sound. That said there are lots of specific flavors of clean and gain sounds. Hughes and Kettner has some great cleans I like my Carvin for cleans Marshall is great for a vintage high gain sound and the Fender bassbreaker is also a decent high gain amp.
^ Yeah that's the problem. We can give very general advice, but if there are specific clean and metal tones you want, giving us a couple of Youtube links to them will let us know exactly what type of tones you mean, and will also give us some idea of what gear we'd use to get there.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
The Peavey 6505, meanwhile, is the only amp you can play metal on, others blow their tubes/transistors if you play a power chord. Tragic, really.

I know you're only joking, but once in a music shop the assistant told me that marshalls were the only tube amps you could get any distortion out of.

I might have been more likely to believe him (well, probably not since I'm not a complete mug) if I hadn't just come straight from another shop where I'd been trying Engls
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?