I am going to get a distortion pedal soon, and I have narrowed it down to two pedals: the MXR fullbore metal and the MXR super badass. Which do you recommend?
Here's the more important issue though: what amp do you have? If you have a bad amp a distortion pedal, no matter how good, will probably just make it sound worse. So for starters what kind of gear you already have is very important. Otherwise question two: what kind of sound are you going for? Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Alice in Chains, Pantera, Suffocation, Entombed, etc all use distortion on their guitars and yet their distorted sounds are all very different. The sound you are looking for is a huge factor in what is the best solution.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
^According to his profile, he has either or both a Mustang I and a VT20+. Neither of which are "meant" to take external effects and have their "best" distortion capabilities within their consoles.

I would say get a full-tube amp that fits your needs before you start looking into pedals (and the amp could do distortion all on its own too).
Last edited by Will Lane at Aug 14, 2016,
Hello, am looking for a distortion pedal, i use Schecter with EMG 81/85 active pickups, what is the best choice to buy to play thrash?
Quote by human_form
Hello, am looking for a distortion pedal, i use Schecter with EMG 81/85 active pickups, what is the best choice to buy to play thrash?

1 - why bump a relatively old thread for your own question?
2 - If you'd actually read this thread, you'd know the amp is the most important part of the equation and would have told us about that.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
GaryBillington
i didnt know how to create a thread..thats why ... i am new here
Quote by Will Lane
Go back to a subforum (for this, Guitar Gear and Accessories) and you will see a Create Thread button to the left of the page counter.

And read this post first: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/redirect/post?p=31052894
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud