Does anyone know if these strings contain a wound 3rd/D string?
The third string is a G. I think like all guitar strings have a wound D. Whether or not the 3rd string, which is G, is wound, why don't you check out the pack of strings on Dunlop's website? String companies will usually indicate on the website and packaging of electric strings if there is a wound G.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
theogonia777 Thanks for the reply
The reason i'm wondering is because most heavy string gauges that come in packets contain a wound G string (as oppose to the more common plain) but i'm looking for one that is plain. And ive also checked dunlops website and it gives no indication to whether the G string is wound or plain, it only states the gauge.
Ernie ball 12-56 is plain IIRC.
"Well reeeer to you too sir...Its the internet. Do you really expect it to be completely serious?" - mcraddict81592
I strongly dislike wound g-strings.

What is the scale length? And what are you tuning the guitar to?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I've used the 12-56 sets Ernie Ball sell several times and they have a plain 3rd string. The 3rd string always sounds dreadful.

Why I bought them more than once and expecting a different result is beyond me. As much as I dislike the idea of a 3rd wound string, with a gauge that heavy there's no other option.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee