Poll: What time would you arrive for an 8pm showing?
Poll Options
View poll results: What time would you arrive for an 8pm showing?
7pm - let's have a drink first
6 16%
7:30pm - plenty of time
20 53%
7:45pm - Cutting it fine but should be alright
6 16%
8pm - I don't give a shit about any of you
3 8%
lol going to the movies, torrent that shit
3 8%
Voters: 38.
....and you're travelling by yourself, what time do you arrive?

Nice and early so you can get tickets in time, or literally at the last minute leaving the rest of the party milling about in the phone signal-deprived lobby not sure what to do?
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Half an hour early for social events. Wander around a bit like a sad boy. Meet friends. Party etc etc
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I would arrive at 7:30 but realistically we usually show up 5 minutes before the film starts and miss all of the adverts

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Defs 7:30
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Early and grab a drink to catch up. Going after the movie at that time would make me sleep
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by RAB11

Nice and early so you can get tickets in time

Is this a problem in this day and age now? I always get them online and cruise though the prepay ticket line. Usually takes about 1 minute to get tickets after arriving.
Well three of the group had an unlimited cinema card, the other two had vouchers. And the group wasn't coordinated enough to have someone book online, which would have been ideal.

As it is we ended up four rows from the back which left me with a sore neck and unable to appreciate the film properly.

Implying I have 4 friends
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Charlie you have loads of friends including LGBT ones

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I'd aim to arrive about 30 mins early so I had time to go buy some refreshments and then meet everyone
I have nothing important to say
Can't you just let me act sadboi ffs
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
I'm curious about your trans friends I'd definitely like to hear about them

Quote by JackSaints
I'd aim to arrive about 30 mins early so I had time to go buy some refreshments and then meet everyone

Buy refreshments from the supermarket en-route.

Some cinemas I've been to are more rigorous with the screening for contraband snacks than most post 9/11 Airports
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Some cinemas I've been to are more rigorous with the screening for contraband snacks than most post 9/11 Airports

My nearest cinema lets you bring in whatever you like (apart from alcohol, probably). No more cunningly hiding things in pockets and bags! And half the time there's nobody around to check anyway.
I have nothing important to say
My wife just stashes them in her handbag, job's a good'n.

Some of us don't have the luxury of a wife to smuggle shit in RAB
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Get some form of female companion then jeez.

I think buying snacks at the cinema is cheaper than a female companion aayyyyy
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

Quote by ultimate-slash
I think buying snacks at the cinema is cheaper than a female companion aayyyyy

And at least you're guaranteed to get fucked, amirite?

Hey, if you're not getting laid, you can at least try to get screwed.
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

i'm the kind of person who either turns up really early or slightly late
It depends on how packed I expect the theatre would be. I plan according to seating.
Last edited by chrismendiola at Aug 15, 2016,
7:30

grab the good seats before other people show up.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
7:30

grab the good seats before other people show up.

that row of seats just in front of the handicap seats so there's no rude fuckjob kicking your seat hmu
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
who goes to the cinema without buying tickets beforehand
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by Primus2112
that row of seats just in front of the handicap seats so there's no rude fuckjob kicking your seat hmu

too close, hurts my neck.

i go for the way back. no one can kick your seat and no dickhead teenagers can throw popcorn at you.

or if i'm going with my dad we sit in the handicapped seats and no one ever bothers you there.

and people say there are no upsides to being a cripple. you also get to cut all the lines at amusement parks.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Arrive early and get snacks/good seats. Ateast on opening weekends cause it's hella packed on opening weekends.
buy tickets online ahead of time
if you couldn't select seats, arrive 15 mins early to sit where you like
if you could select seats, arrive on time or up to 15 mins late (because ads)

don't drink before going cause no one likes noisy drunks in the cinema (and you'll prob end up needing to go piss when the movie is on)
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I'd get their half an hour early so I could talk with whomever showed up on time while we wait for the one person who shows up late. And then there's no rush to get into the theater.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Usually 10-15 min early
Unless we plan on getting baked or faded in the parking lot lol

Always just in time for the big previews, sometimes very early for packed nights like first day of a Star Wars premiere for example
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank