I carry a bag more often than not
11 37%
I don't often carry a bag
6 20%
I am literally bagless
8 27%
Voters: 30.
What are your bag carrying habits?

I've realised recently I carry a bag more than most other people. I just love having a bag, it's so useful and lets me keep a lot of useful stuff like pens, lighters etc. with me without filling up my pockets. I also cycle a lot so it's useful to keep my lights + cycle lock in there and a bike pump. Sometimes I even keep an additional fold up bag in my bag in case I need to bag some more things I don't have space for in my main bag.

I won't carry a bag in every situation like going to the pub or whatever or a short walk or if I'm going round someone's house but for trips into town or similar I always have a bag with me.

What are your bag habits and what is your preferred choice? I go for a Herschel-style rucksack.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
*insert joke about nutsacks here*
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
I carry a small satchel like bag with me to and from work. It's kinda falling apart now, so I need a new one.

On holidays I always take a small backpack
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Currently have a small leather Samsonite backpack for work and stuff. Need to get myself one of those side bag things tho, because my back can get a bit sweaty when cycling to work. Not very charming if it's a particularly warm day.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Aug 15, 2016,

Used to have a Ben Sherman bag like this but my little brother co-opted it:

Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
sweet baby jesus that's ugly

i have a small messenger bag but i don't really use it unless i really need to carry a whole bunch of stuff with me
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one

This bag has been my faithful companion for 13 years now. It's a bit gross, a bit small, and dying a slow, undignified death but I won't part with it until all that remains is a single strap and a scrap of fabric. Normally take my lunch into work with it along with my DS if I'm taking the boat home and any Avon stuff my wife's sold to my colleagues. Takes a decent amount of shopping too although I've started keeping a shopping bag in the front pocket too just in case.

Quite often I'll go for a weekender armed with nothing but this bag stuffed with a couple t-shirts, spare socks/undies and a toothbrush.

It's served me well.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Last edited by RAB11 at Aug 15, 2016,
I know how you feel

My Samsonite has only been with me for about 2 years now, but it's quickly become one of my dearest companions.
Had a Nike backpack for about seven years, all the way through secondary school and halfway into college. Had to put it down after the disastrous spillage of '11
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Aug 15, 2016,
I hate drawstring bags they are impossible to keep organised and also if you keep documents in there they always get tatty

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I have a leather messenger bag that needs repairing, a laptop bag which I've adapted (read: use) for books, and a bergen-type bag that I use for my camera

As it is I find not carrying a mini-toolkit, pens and a notepad and other practical tools on one's person at all times to be fairly ridiculous.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Aug 15, 2016,
Quote by ultimate-slash
I know how you feel

My Samsonite has only been with me for about 2 years now, but it's quickly become one of my dearest companions.
Had a Nike backpack for about seven years, all the way through secondary school and halfway into college. Had to put it down after the disastrous spillage of '11

Quote by EndTheRapture51
I hate drawstring bags they are impossible to keep organised and also if you keep documents in there they always get tatty

Luckily for me organisation is secondary to just shoving shit in there and I very rarely need to transport documents.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

The only bags I ever need are plastic bags, which I fold up and shove in my pockets

I've got some generic rucksack that rarely gets used
I have nothing important to say
I love to be organised and have lots of pockets in my bags so I have a general idea of where stuff is kept. Fumbling around in a bag for 5 minutes looking for one thing is a frequent enough occurence for me as it is.

Bagless, pretty much. Everything I need is in my car. Only ever need one for vacation. I have a messenger bag but don't really even use it.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by Banjocal
I have a leather messenger bag that needs repairing, a laptop bag which I've adapted (read: use) for books, and a bergen-type bag that I use for my camera

As it is I find not carrying a mini-toolkit, pens and a notepad and other practical tools on one's person at all times to be fairly ridiculous.

notepad and pens huu

I am anti-bag
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I carry meseenger bags, they're perfect for fitting laptops, drugs, liquor bottles, etc.

It's the perfect bag for my kind of degeneracy.
Quote by stratkat
I carry meseenger bags, they're perfect for fitting laptops, drugs, liquor bottles, etc.

It's the perfect bag for my kind of degeneracy.

harsh on the one shoulder tho

I had the one from highschool around here somewhere, I used it a lot. I was just thinking how much I could use it today since I'm walking to do some errands.

It's not too bad on my shoulder, I never carry books in it, so I don't get too much weight into it.
Briefcase style bag to work. I usually carry a backpack whenever I go somewhere, unless it's to the grocery or to grab a quick bite.
Uni term time, all the time.

Off term, hardly ever.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
harsh on the one shoulder tho

Better for your back and posture though

I'm used to always having a bag on me because of uni,I don't like not having water on me and it's the perfect way of carrying food and water and other useful bits when I'm out
Quote by Bladez22
Better for your back and posture though

I'm used to always having a bag on me because of uni,I don't like not having water on me and it's the perfect way of carrying food and water and other useful bits when I'm out

Is it? I thought evenly distributing the weight would be better

I only use a messenger in winter when I'm wearing my peacoat because I look like a mug with nice coat + backpack and it feels like my leg hand shoulder is dying

+1 on the water and food bit

also forget that my bag is used to carry my glasses and sunglasses cases in

I changed to a rucksack bc a messenger back fucks my shoulder up

and the strap was damaging the buttons on my only valuable piece of clothing
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I only carry a bag when I need to.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i almost always have a cinch sack in the car with me with extra rx meds, stomach meds, and a few other things just in case.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Is it? I thought evenly distributing the weight would be better

I only use a messenger in winter when I'm wearing my peacoat because I look like a mug with nice coat + backpack and it feels like my leg hand shoulder is dying

+1 on the water and food bit

also forget that my bag is used to carry my glasses and sunglasses cases in

It's what I've been told anyway, I could be wrong
I am literally bagless

When I was in college I had this bag I carried books in that was actually for laptops, but it worked perfectly.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham
I am literally bagless

Quote by EndTheRapture51
i only carry a backpack when im at school or hiking somewhere

pretty much never need one otherwise
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I never really carry a bag unless you count my scrotum then yeah, always!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Usually carry a bag. My work bag is something like this

Everyday/office bag is this.