i need a second wah. i have a fulltone clyde and love it, i need a second wah for a different board.

i will not go dunlop. not sure on morely. i like the maverick a bit. as far as vox, i don't have any idea.

i want something more vintage voiced, but i am not really sure what. i do not want a tone-sucker. i do not care if it has a LED, nor do i care if it is switchless. i don't want such a huge footprint (i am looking at you morley), but i don't want a mini wah.

so t-rex gull wah is one option. i don't need the versatility but it isn't bad either.
budda bud wah is another option. i don't know anything about it though. how is the bypass?
i would love an RMC, but i don't want to spend $150+.

or just pick up a second fulltone clyde, i have it and i like it and i know i like it, but maybe i should get something else.

reverb.com or tampa craigslist only. maybe GC used. i would like it keep it under $120 ideally under $100. used only.

gear in profile.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Any particular reason why do you not want any Dunlop wah?

The 535Q might be what you're looking for.

What do you consider the difference between a 'vintage' and 'modern' voiced wah?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
I expect a Mooer Wahter to arrive any day now. I'll let you know what I think.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Any particular reason why do you not want any Dunlop wah?

The 535Q might be what you're looking for.

What do you consider the difference between a 'vintage' and 'modern' voiced wah?

i have tried quite a few of dunlop wahs, never really cared for them.

i don't really need all of the features that some models have (not that its a bad thing). a lot have shitty bypass. the signature ones that i have tried were nice, but at that price, i would just rather get something else. for example i can pick up a used CFH wah for maybe $20 less than a fulltone or the same price as the budda. i just like them better.

i guess i did leave out one, but the dunlop CAE wah looks nice, but i haven't tried it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
actually with a little more thought, i think i am just going to spring for a RMC.

thinking about spending $120 on something nice vs spending a few dollars more and getting the RMC is worth it. it is a 'bucket list' item too TBH.

i just may wait a few weeks, i can move the clyde back and forth until i get the RMC.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Have you considered a Budda Budwah? One of my favourites. RMC is nice as well though.
Quote by I K0nijn I
Have you considered a Budda Budwah? One of my favourites. RMC is nice as well though.

i am or may still be. i mentioned the budda in the first post... lol.

how do you like the budwah? pros? cons?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Wow, read over it. Sorry man. :P

It's been a while since I used it (running everything from the Kemper now), but it was great. It doesn't have any options, but the range is super sweet and spot-on in my opinion. Biggest con is that it just has that one sound, probably. No settings to mess with, so if you don't like it, you don't like it. Nothing to be done about it, unless you're going to mod it (at which point you might as well grab something else to mod imo). The bypass is great on it. Didn't change the original tone in any way I noticed.

Not a lot of bad things to say about it. It's rock solid and does its job great. It's quite possible the RMC or a second Clyde could do the same job as well, maybe even better, though. It's been a few years since I used either of those.
Last edited by I K0nijn I at Aug 16, 2016,
Quote by I K0nijn I
Wow, read over it. Sorry man. :P

It's been a while since I used it (running everything from the Kemper now), but it was great. It doesn't have any options, but the range is super sweet and spot-on in my opinion. Biggest con is that it just has that one sound, probably. No settings to mess with, so if you don't like it, you don't like it. Nothing to be done about it, unless you're going to mod it (at which point you might as well grab something else to mod imo). The bypass is great on it. Didn't change the original tone in any way I noticed.

Not a lot of bad things to say about it. It's rock solid and does its job great. It's quite possible the RMC or a second Clyde could do the same job as well, maybe even better, though. It's been a few years since I used either of those.

don't worry i do it all the time.

the 'one job' thing is perfectly fine with me, lol. i like the clips i have heard.

i am pretty much set on an RMC.

i think (stupid or not) that i wouldn't be happy with something else other than the RMC, its one of those things where i have my mind set on it. like i said, its the one wah i have always wanted. i don't need three wahs so i probably won't get the budda, but in the event i decide i need a third wah, it would probably be the budda.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Sub'd.

I'm on the same search myself. Turns out the CAE wah and the RMCs are what I've had my eyes on too. Interested to see how it goes.
Ibanez UV777 - Carvin TL60 & 727 - Jackson KE3
Splawn QuickRod - Mesa Stiletto & RoadKing - Peavey Ultra+ - Peavey Bandit
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
trashedlostfdup
If it's the one you always wanted, it seems like you made your choice. :-) You'll be very happy with either one out of the RMC and Budda.

BCKRedBaron
What would bother me personally is the controls of the CAE. They're mostly internal, so it's more of a set and let it live where it lives thing. It's supposed to be really nice though.
^ true, but IIRC the two most important controls, the range selector like on the 535q and the inductor switch are external. On my 535 I just have the Q and boost set where I want and I never mess with them.
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
It doesn't have a range selector as far as I know. The external knob on the CAE is the boost level and then you have 2 switches for inductor and engaging/disengaging boost.
I double checked and you are correct. I assumed the big knob on the side was a range selector.
Some pedlulz & cabz

7 String Legion
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i need a second wah. i have a fulltone clyde and love it, i need a second wah for a different board.

i don't want such a huge footprint (i am looking at you morley), but i don't want a mini wah.

On this point alone I'd suggest the Xotic Xw1 it is smaller than a normal wah footprint by a 1/4 - but is certainly not a mini wah. It is very versatile and I've found it more expressive than the other wahs ive used. It is quite pricey however (little bit more than a Fulltone Clyde deluxe).

I myself was torn between the fulltone and the xotic, but the footprint was the decisive factor for me
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
My Mooer Wahter just arrived. It's fuckin tiny. Like really tiny.
Now to test out the sound. I'll report back.

edit: I like it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100