Last edited by frecebutmito at Aug 16, 2016,
There's no telling how it will sound, but it's an 8 ohm speaker rated at 35 watts so yes, it can be used for guitar.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
chances are it won't sound great, because it was meant for music playback it will likely have a flatter response than a speaker voiced for a guitar amp, but try it out, you might be surprised.
I saw something about how flat-response speakers (like what is probably in that cab) and how their cones will rip themselves apart when given a guitar signal, even when matching watts and ohms properly.
Quote by Will Lane
I saw something about how flat-response speakers (like what is probably in that cab) and how their cones will rip themselves apart when given a guitar signal, even when matching watts and ohms properly.

You can pretty much dismiss that as horsecrap.
Flat response simply means that what you put in is what comes out, without coloration. Everything you've ever listened to a guitar album on was meant to be a full-range flat response system (within its price point and other parameters), and if you've been able to listen to guitar on it, then you can play guitar on it.
Quote by Will Lane

Bookmark that site.

Then ignore anything they say.
Charles Darwin
Quote by dspellman
You can pretty much dismiss that as horsecrap.
Flat response simply means that what you put in is what comes out, without coloration. Everything you've ever listened to a guitar album on was meant to be a full-range flat response system (within its price point and other parameters), and if you've been able to listen to guitar on it, then you can play guitar on it.
Quote by Arby911
Bookmark that site.

Then ignore anything they say.
Apologies, I probably should not have said flat-response and rather just referred to this video. It more or less involves how the cone is made and the cabinet housing. Time stamp is 11:40.

Last edited by Will Lane at Aug 17, 2016,
Ok, that actually has nothing to do with "guitar" per se and everything to do with speaker construction.

All we've really learned there is that cheap speakers tend to self-destruct over time.

What he's really addressing in the section you mentioned is speaker excursion (throw) and how excessive throw can damage a speaker (and how closed back cabs can provide a buffer against that IF designed properly).

You seem to have taken that bit of data and inferred something quite different.
Charles Darwin