Would you rather die happy in five years or die unhappy in sixty years? I think I'd prefer to live longer without any happiness in my life. What do you think?

Cash or credit?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
The first one I guess.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Shield150 I mean when ur life comprises lots of things that make you pretty much satisfied
Probably die happy. It depends on how unhappy I would be for those sixty years. I have no problem with committing suicide if things get really bad though.

Being 20 and only having another 5 years would suck because someone who was 40 has already had so many more experiences and has an advantage in the situation.

And of course without hindsight of what you've proposed, in a natural situation you always have the potential to be happy with time so suicide wouldn't be a great option realistically, so don't be thinking I'm promoting it for all you sabois and sadgurls.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Is your job to generate more traffic in the Pit by coming up with stimulating thread topics
Rossenrot

Because this thread is such a blast...

Quote by metal4eva_22
Depends entirely on the conditions of the unhappiness.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Your inquiry is based on one having the knowledge that they will be unhappy in 60 years correct?

Because if one has that kind of knowledge of the future then surely they would know what it was that made them unhappy and have a chance to correct that.

Personally I'm looking forward to being a grumpy old man
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Nah the cruelty of being happy and having to give that up would suck. Live unhappy, as most of us do, in the hopes of being happy.
Quote by Rossenrot
Is your job to generate more traffic in the Pit by coming up with stimulating thread topics

Because if that's the case then someone owes Brad and Rapture some money
Quote by chrismendiola
What does dying unhappily entail?

What, can't wait a few years to find out for yourself?
This question interested me and I have given it a small amount of thought, so: if it's the 'innate' brand of chronic depression, I'm gounna go ahead and say those five glorious years. Though the life instinct kicks in fairly sharpish, I would imagine, so really it's going to be a coin flip due to broken reason.

If it's your standard brand of misery, or just mild chronic depression or better yet simply the odd bout of acute depression then I say the sixty years. The only condition I would add to that is that those sixty years only count if the time spent working is either in some way fulfilling or if not does not take a 'disproportionate' amount of your life spent trying to sustain whatever comforts keep you from the more serious forms of depression. If those conditions are not met, then revert to the five years - living to work is not in my view living in any existentially worthwhile sense unless one gains from it.

That said, why are we happy? Surely there's a chemical imbalance, situational change or denial of reality that's happening to make it happy? If it's the latter then I revert to the sixty years.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Aug 16, 2016,
die in my sleep sometime in the next week.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Live "unhappily" for 60 years. Happiness is mental, no matter what happens to me or other people you can't force "unhappiness" on me. I could become an absurdist and be content with everything "bad" that is happening to me. I can even try to maintain a positive attitude and try to turn my life around (is that allowed in that 2nd option?).
It is likely you'll be miserable, it is likely you'll suffer emotional and/or physical pain, but there is a chance you can endure it and find something else to put your mind into to try and make your life (and maybe the world) better.

If you die, you dead bro, can't do anything of the sort.
Quote by Banjocal
This question interested me and I have given it a small amount of thought, so: if it's the 'innate' brand of chronic depression, I'm gounna go ahead and say those five glorious years. Though the life instinct kicks in fairly sharpish, I would imagine, so really it's going to be a coin flip due to broken reason.

If it's your standard brand of misery, or just mild chronic depression or better yet simply the odd bout of acute depression then I say the sixty years. The only condition I would add to that is that those sixty years only count if the time spent working is either in some way fulfilling or if not does not take a 'disproportionate' amount of your life spent trying to sustain whatever comforts keep you from the more serious forms of depression. If those conditions are not met, then revert to the five years - living to work is not in my view living in any existentially worthwhile sense unless one gains from it.

That said, why are we happy? Surely there's a chemical imbalance, situational change or denial of reality that's happening to make it happy? If it's the latter then I revert to the sixty years.

ftfy
Quote by neidnarb11890
I would live unhappy.
Existence is suffering, but what else is there?

Drugs.

Quote by metal4eva_22
Quote by Rossenrot
Because if that's the case then someone owes Brad and Rapture some money

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
No point in me living if I can't be happy. Might as well have one grand spectacle of happiness before going out.

I mean it's a pretty big deal if you can't even find joy in doing something simple like watching a comedy for the next 60 years.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Aug 16, 2016,
i like to think of life and death as the same event
like imagine we are all living in the same time / moment
people who died "thousands of years ago" are still with us in this "moment"
and when we die we are still in this moment, only not aware...

so i'd choose one happy life
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Living a long and unhappy life sounds amazing, where do I sign up?

/sarcasm
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Evilnine
Personally I'm looking forward to being a grumpy old man

It's totally worth it!!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
If I lived happily for 5 years then I'd be unhappy cus I'd die in such a short time. If I lived unhappily 60 years then I'd still be unhappy. So fuck it.