Hi, all,

I am working on some mods to my stratocaster-style guitar. Some years ago, I added a mini-humbucker to it, but didn't wire it up to have a coil-split second position. I'm posting to make sure that the wiring diagram I've drawn up makes sense.

What I'm trying to put on the guitar is:

5-way switch: Bridge humbucker, coil-split bridge + middle, middle, middle+neck, neck
Master Volume
Master Tone
Master high-pass filter (bass roll-off)

See any issues with my diagram?
Nice diagram. It should work fine. If it were me I'd leave out the 1nF cap to ground,change the 200pF treble-bleed cap to 1nF, and maybe change the 2n2 cap to 3n3 or even 4n7 so it's not as ice-picky. That's just me though. Experiment and figure out what you like best.

The 200p value by itself is not really going to be noticeable and it seems that (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm rusty) the 1nF shunt cap would negate the treble-bleed cap anyway since it is so much higher in value (the frequencies affected by the treble-bleed cap are already shunted out of the signal by the 1nF cap).

Also bear in mind that the treble-bleed cap is shorted out when the volume pot is full-up. It'll only have any effect as the volume is rolled down. A lot of people don't realize that. IDK if you did or not.
(Thanks, Roc - I'm able to post to the thread again)

To be honest, I was blindly shoving a couple major parts together - the pickup switching and the filter/volume stack, which I found a schematic for here:
http://www.glguitars.com/schematics/S-500_schematic_blockdiagram.pdf
As I read through the wiring thread in your signature, part of what I learned in the one circuits analysis class I took in college came rushing back.

I removed the treble bleed loop and the cap to ground. I can always add a treble bleed in later, after I see what the rest of the modifications do to my tone. I've also made the suggested change to the tone pot, so it's sitting at 47nF. Between your suggestion and reading some more schematics, that seemed like the right way to go.

In its current state, the wiring is dead-simple; I'll just have to play around with values a bit.
Quote by beastmasterdar

Master high-pass filter (bass roll-off)

Why?

I've seen it appear on humbucking guitars now and again (they call it a "bass contour"), but it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense on a strat.
I've got a mids rolloff (fixed frequency, variable amount) on a '70's Gibson L6S (two humbuckers) and I like what it does there.
There's also a passive sweepable mids cut (on a push-pull) that varies the frequency that's cut, but always at the same amount, and again, I've seen that on guitars that had a pair of humbuckers.

I'm just curious what the thinking is.
I can't stand having separate tones for middle and neck with no tone control for my bridge humbucker, so I specifically want to have a master Tone. I went looking for something to do with my third knob, and I'm hoping the bass cut will help the middle and neck cut a little more - as it is they're very bottom heavy and very mellow. While I like mellow for some things, I'm hoping I can give them a little more "pop" in an adjustable fashion.

Do you have any suggestions on what to do with the knob that's currently used for the bass-cut? I'm open to it.
There's a passive mid cut/"boost" you can try on this page: http://www.jpbourgeois.org/guitar/microsbis.htm

I tried it once and didn't like it though. It was too abrupt and didn't really change smoothly and the effect wasn't as pronounced as I thought it'd be. Should have tried a much lower pot value. I just kind of threw it into my guitar without doing any experimenting. At one point I saw a website that explained several improvements for it but I just spent half an hour looking for it...