Page 1 of 2
Everyone knows there are shitbags that start yelling at you, and inevitably end up all in your grill. Almost touching you, and shouting in your face.

How do you get them to back off without escalating things?

My current options:

- Push them: Shit hits the fan.
- Yell at them to back off: Most likely they won't listen, or take it as you imposing yourself and shit hits the fan.

... help?
punch them square in the solar plexus

maybe thats a slight escalation but its over pretty quickly as they are unable to catch their breath long enough for you to walk away and disappear
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Hit on them. They're not going to commit a hate crime, and even if they do you get on Ellen. Win win.
Quote by severed-metal
Hit on them. They're not going to commit a hate crime, and even if they do you get on Ellen. Win win.
this one's always good.

i went to school with a kid who got this guy to back off by kissing him on the lips.

i used to just tell kids id bite their nose off.

seriously tho idk. people like that tend to get angrier no matter what you do.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
i don't get in fights, i bust out my phone and start filming shit vertically

Drop your pants.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by MinterMan22
i don't get in fights, i bust out my phone and start filming shit vertically

i have a throbbing justice boner seeing that chucklefuck get destroyed

does that make me a bad person
"chucklefuck"

But seriously, can anyone help? This is kind of a thing... I can definitely see it happen again short-term.

im telling you, solar plexus

center of the torso

right under the titties

as hard as you can

and it wont be a thing at all

but if shit goes sideways and its looking like theyre gonna get back up after they can breathe and kill you, one hard punch to the solar plexus, and then kicks to the head face and genitals
Who is the person to you Minc?

I don't really find myself in situations where I get heated with people other than family members, and much of the time it could be easily avoided by not conversing with them in the first place. Caring about what other people think is one of the worst traits I have in me and I'm trying to eradicate it.

If someone criticises or insults you then they might actually have some aspect of truth to it. Instead of getting on the defensive, keep calm, think about it and maybe even agree with them. If not then don't give them any attention.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Literally anything else besides turning and walking away or saying sorry is going to exacerbate it. Not difficult to comprehend.

Wtf did you do that has this guy so worked up, anyways?
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

Quote by Joshua Garcia
Wtf did you do that has this guy so worked up, anyways?
Imposed myself as a fully capable and independent adult, refusing to subject to silly arbitrary rules.

(maybe "imposed" wasn't the right word, idk)
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Aug 17, 2016,
But I want details. Unbiased details, preferably. Who did what where when and why.
Quote by SGstriker

Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Aug 17, 2016,
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Literally anything else besides turning and walking away

Dont do this tho cause then u get king hit in the back of the head, die and then end up on national news
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Quote by Gatecrasher53
Dont do this tho cause then u get king hit in the back of the head, die and then end up on national news
I thought about that too.
On the upside, if you survive you have undeniable evidence of assault.

Personally though, I'd rather just take off my pants.
Quote by SGstriker

Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Aug 17, 2016,
Minicaxotinho

Family feuds are always difficult because you don't pick your family like you do friends, and most of the time you will feel like your arguments have no bounds.

In my particular case my family have issues with me because I try to understand everything around me sort of like anthropologically, and will talk about theories and concepts I've learnt from either uni or through listening/reading really cool things. They tell me that I go too deep into everything and that they don't care about understanding things like I do and that they feel intimidated and find me pretentious and that I come across as patronising.

Since I'm now aware that that's how they perceive me I don't even try to engage with them in conversations anymore because every time I do it will result in them getting frustrated with me, and then me having to explain how I'm not trying to patronise them or inflate my own ego by showing them up. Of course nothing of what I say matters because to them I don't come across them the right way. Sure it's not my intention, but you're not only responsible for what you say but what others perceive from what you say.

Some people are incompatible. It's good to know when someone is worth your time. Sometimes trying to put the fire out will only fan the flames. Learn to give up.

Quote by metal4eva_22
Quote by Joshua Garcia
But I want details. Unbiased details, preferably. Who did what where when and why.
Sigh.

1:30 AM, he was watching tv, I was on the computer. He saw me on the computer, told me to shut it off and go to bed. This is a thing that has always happened but I just pretend to go to bed and then secretly go on the PC (like what's happening now), and I've never questioned and started imposing myself until recently.

Anyway, the computer is the big problem here. I called bullshit on that and said that if he can watch tv until he pleases, then I can be on the PC.
He immediately started yelling at me and got all worked up. I was calm at first, but after hearing him say some really stupid shit I snapped back and told him to stop yelling at me (I yelled, but I was in a different room so it's justified ).

He came running and got all up in my grill, with his fist raised and shit, and I was all like o.O wtf, so yeah this sort of explains this thread.

But it's not the first time he got up in my face with his fist raised, and probably won't be the last because I won't shut up when being yelled at for no reason
Minicaxotinho

Hmm... Ok so how old are you?

Sounds like this guy has issues with control tbh. Seems like such a trivial thing to get so worked up about. If you're going to talk to him about it further then ask what about you being on the PC bothers him in the first place and then go from there.

Quote by metal4eva_22
And the computer is in a different room? Wtf?
Geez. That dude might end up being one of those controlling wife abusers.

Does he have his own? If not, then maybe he wants to use it too. If so, then can't you get a laptop to use when he wants you off?
Quote by SGstriker

only take my advice if he escalates the situation

cuz theres really no need unless you need to defend yrself
Last edited by Primus2112 at Aug 17, 2016,
Nero Galon
22, and yup, control issues seem pretty accurate :P

Idk what's wrong with computers, but in his mind being on a computer is way worse than watching tv, even though I tried explaining there's no real difference between the two (and he only listens to what he wants to, whenever the argument isn't going his way he just gets angry and starts yelling, and tells me to shut up).

He has his own laptop btw @ Joshua
GG UG, can't delete posts

EDIT: Thanks Joshua. I won't delete this one because it would be awkward reading your message.
Nah you still can, just click on the number.

A concerning situation indeed. Mostly for his mental health harming others.

Just try to remind him you're family and have no bad blood.

Inb4 Lyle and Taylor Swift's Bad Blood
Quote by SGstriker

Quote by Minicaxotinho
How do you get them to back off without escalating things?

Fight them, pansy.
Quote by Minicaxotinho

But it's not the first time he got up in my face with his fist raised, and probably won't be the last because I won't shut up when being yelled at for no reason

Who is this person, exactly?

If it's a sibling, knock 'em the fuck out. If it's a parent and they pay your expenses, do as you are told or get your own place.

If it's part of your extended family (cousin etc.) see the "solar plexus" advice above.

Unless the problem is that you're afraid of taking an ass kicking?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Arby911 The problem is I don't want to engage in an ass kicking.
Don't worry mini. In my experience, engagement is rarely the outcome of an ass-kicking
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

You should pee on the computer to mark your territory.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by ultimate-slash
Don't worry mini. In my experience, engagement is rarely the outcome of an ass-kicking

Mixed Martial Love
That's why they call it a ring!

EDIT: Do they call it a ring in MMA? I bet they don't call it a ring in MMA. But it's a ring in MML
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; man got to tell himself he understand.

Last edited by ultimate-slash at Aug 17, 2016,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Mixed Martial Love

I'm a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Kiss-U
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Minicaxotinho
Arby911 The problem is I don't want to engage in an ass kicking.

Again, who is this person to you?

While it may be noble to not want to use violence, it may not always be the best decision.

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I'm a brown eye in Brazilian Jiu-Kiss-U

Hmmm....
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Aug 17, 2016,
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Mixed Martial Love

Starring James Franco, Katherine Heigl, and, of course, Stanley Tucci.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Page 1 of 2