Hi Everyone,

I've been experimenting with a few Tremolo pedals over the past year and I can't seem to find the one I want. I thought I'd be perfectly happy with the EQD Hummingbird but It's kinda left me wanting more. My attention turned to Ring Mods after my friend demonstrated the Trem sounds on his MOOG unit. Very cool, but too big for my PB and possibly too 'harsh' as well.

I've been looking at Fairfield Circuitry's Randy's Revenge. I must admit - I'm intrigued. It seems 'Smoother' than the Moog, and it's the perfect size for my PB.

I thought I'd run it first in my Effects Loop Chain - Guitar>RingMod>Flanger>Delay 1>Delay 2>Reverb>Looper>Amp. Would this work well?

I'm looking for an 'Outer Space' Trem effect. Something more '3D' and less 'staccato' than the EQD Hummingbird

Anyone here got one? What do you think of the RR?

I'm doing my homework first because it's expensive.

-Chris
The FCRR is a really good ring modulator. Dennis Keyzer ranked it as his #4 fave ringer. I have the Pigtronix Mothership, which does a few more things...but is only ranked #6 on that list.

So I don't see a problem with its QUALITY. As for whether it can do what you're asking? Well, look at this:
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Y'know...I've never tried.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!