I recently bought an Epiphone AJ-220SCE and a hardbody case from guitar center and a Road Runner Hardbody case. I have two very close friends who are very skilled when it comes to putting lights on things (Coolers, Trucks, Longboards, you name it). I want to see if it would be possible to line the bottom of my case with led strips to be able to have something that (at least in my area) is unique. Do you think it would be a good idea to let them line the bottom of my case with LEDs, or would I risk harming the case and the guitar?
I think strips of LEDs could work well inside a case. Their heat output is negligible, so I don't think there'd be any risk to the guitar as far as that's concerned.

But in order to make it look neat and professional, you'd probably have to physically, and therefore permanently, alter the case, in order to hide cables.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I know of a luthier who uses LEDs as fret markers on some of his instruments so I think you'd be fine if it was done properly.
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Yeah pretty sure there's no problem with this, just a tip though, it's best if you don't point the LED strips straight up, cause they're pretty bright and plus you want the light to reflect off your guitar, not shine like a spotlight in your eyes. You should position them around the edges with a slight lip over the top to block direct light. Then you can have a switch to automatically turn them on when the case opens, and a little compartment for a battery. When you make it, post it here and on r/diy so I can have a look lol
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
Y tho?
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
When is this light show going to be enjoyed? Is it just for the brief moment that you open the case to get the guitar, or are you planning on having the case open and on display somewhere?
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
When is this light show going to be enjoyed? Is it just for the brief moment that you open the case to get the guitar, or are you planning on having the case open and on display somewhere?

If he's busking, it could definitly be more attention grabbing
IDk have them put a switch on the case so the lights turn off when the case is closed.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge