Poll: Do you wear a helmet when you cycle?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you wear a helmet when you cycle?
Yes I value my life
11 41%
Bikes are for lame-os
5 19%
Nah bro that's so uncool
11 41%
Voters: 27.
Do you cycle?

Do you wear a helmet when you cycle?

Why and why not?

I always wear a helmet when I cycle. Other people say it's pointless and a waste of time and resources. Where do people stand on the matter?

I've found in terms of cycling responsibility, lycra cyclists > helmeted cyclists > non-helmeted cyclists. Ones without helmets are frequently the worst cyclists, and are unaware of the road and may even wear headphones.
I haven't cycled in years but I used to only wear a helmet when I was on a track/at a skate park. When simply riding from A to B there doesn't seem much point in wearing one.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
I haven't cycled in years but I used to only wear a helmet when I was on a track/at a skate park. When simply riding from A to B there doesn't seem much point in wearing one.

When I cycle somewhere only on a cycle path I sometimes don't wear my helmet. When it's on a road though I always have it on.
I cycle because it's fun, it's convenient, it gets me out of the house and I don't have a driver's license.

Don't wear or own a helmet. The only people who you see wearing helmets here are kids and people in tight uniforms who nine times out of ten also act like dicks.
Nothing wrong with wearing a helmet tho.
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Aug 17, 2016,
No it looks goofy.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I'm an enthusiast, have been for many years...Since the early 70s. Always wear a helmet. I'm a police officer.. I've handled many accidents involving cyclists and I've seen people saved from serious head injury by same.
We had one here at the university just last semester where a young woman hit the pavement so hard her helmet was literally split in two pieces. She had no injury....The helmet took the impact.
Pavement and car bodies are hard, heads are remarkably fragile.

I'm always amazed at the folks who think..."Oh, I'm on a cycle path, I don't need a helmet." Then a dog runs in front of them, or a kid on a big-wheel, or they have a front-tire blowout.....
I haven't rode a bicycle for a long time but I never wore a helmet when I did, I cringe whenever I see someone riding a motorcycle without a helmet though.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I wear a helmet when I bike fo sho
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by ErikLensherr
No it looks goofy.

So does your brain splattered on the street
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.

Last edited by RAB11 at Aug 17, 2016,
Quote by RAB11
So does your brain splattered on the street

Psh, worth it.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by sickman411
Helmets are mandatory by law here. Though bike lanes are kind of rare so it's also more dangerous.

In my city there are no helmet laws for bikes (pedal or motor) but they have been making bicycle lanes over the last several years and most of them go unused. Not that there are no cyclists but they choose not to use the designated lanes. The city has spent large amounts of money restructuring the lanes painting the bike lines and installing street signs for lanes that are only used sparingly.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Yeah. I bring my bike to campus and use it to get around cuz otherwise it takes too long. Moved down the street from the university earlier this year, so I'm going to be cycling into campus every day and saving parking permit money. I never wear a helmet. Can't flatten muh flowing locks
When I was a kid I lost control of my bike because I got startled by a deer jumping across the road, went flying over the handlebars. I was fine aside from a few scrapes, but the helmet was half caved in. I probably wouldn't have died, but I would have at least had a pretty decent concussion. Ever since then I've refused to go biking without one.

Children whose brains are still developing and for whom any head trauma is a significant hazard should always be wearing helmets if they're on a bike. No exceptions. If you're an adult I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to ride without a helmet, though I do think you're a class-A moron for doing so.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
only if i'm doing something crazy, like riding down a big hill or something

most of the time i ride my bike in my neighborhood or in the forest trails for exercise, don't really need a helmet doing that kinda stuff
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

i wanna start cycling...

...but don't have a bike or a way to transport bike...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Aug 17, 2016,
Never wore a helmet on a bicycle, but I always wear one on my motorcycle.
Last edited by TobusRex at Aug 17, 2016,
I cycle but don't wear a helmet.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
I cycle but don't wear a helmet.
I don't cycle but wear a helmet.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by gonzaw
Should we mandate women wear helmets, considering they cycle every 28 days?

Holy shit. You have a sense of humour.
Free Ali
Quote by chrismendiola
Holy shit. You have a sense of humour.

Is that dangerous? Do I need a helmet?

EDIT: I mean, they've even made a film about what happens when women don't wear head protection in their cycles, I believe it's called "28 Days Later". That shit's dangerous bro
Last edited by gonzaw at Aug 17, 2016,
I avoid helmets whenever possible because they mess my hair up. I also don't ride bikes for daily transport, it's more of an outdoor nature thing
cat
Quote by Xiaoxi
i wanna start cycling...

...but don't have a bike or a way to transport bike...

Bike transports itself
My God, it's full of stars!