Ok. I make a lot of punk-ish rock music and I have a hard time getting any flavor-feedback like this example @1:09 I have a fender Mustang and a Vox AC10. Is there some sort of pedal i should use or will cranking my guitar as loud with as much distortion as possible do the trick? Thanks Guys
Crank your amp and gain, stand near the amp and voila.

I believe some pedals you can get will help if you need to do it at lower volumes. Boss has one and im sure others do too but im not familiar with them.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Crank your amp and gain, stand near the amp and voila.

that
Funny, but most guitarists want to avoid that sort of feedback. Not exactly the smooth, musical feedback you hear Satriani using all the time! And yeah, it's all about a mix of gain, volume and distance from your cab.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
For those averse to tinnitus, a guitar equipped with a Sustainer (in particular the Fernandes board with a three-position harmonic switch) can produce similar results with no amp at all. And no gain at all. While most probably assume that a sustainer's function is to simply sustain a note, it is in essence a feedback device, vibrating a string using electromagnetism rather than sound waves.

You'll see this on "FLO," one of Steve Vai's guitars, and he uses it to sustain long notes, for the most part. Neal Schon, who has these installed on most of his guitars these days, uses it for feedback effects during recording as well.
Last edited by dspellman at Aug 20, 2016,
Also facing your amp will help as well, feedback is easier to obtain if your pickups/strings are facing the speakers.

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Turn it up to 10. Thrash.

Repeat until hearing loss forces you into early retirement.
Most tube amps will feedback if you let them. Turn the guitar volume all the way up, amp volume will probably have to be pretty high. With your AC 10 that won't mean ear damage volume most likely. I use a distortion pedal or overdrive sometimes, my Super Reverb will barely give me any feedback even then, the Fender Pro Jr will if I have it cranked loud enough and turn just the right way. I can crank the Super Reverb to 10, stand a foot away with my Strat, and it still refuses to feedback. I've tried onstage many times. the Pro Jr does better, but I have to have it cranked at least half volume, and usually have to use a pedal. The higher the gain on the pedals, the easier it is to get feedback.

A hollow body guitar will feedback a lot easier than any solid body, single coil pickups tend to feedback easier than humbuckers.

Also, if you're using a low wattage amp, you might consider a tilt back amp stand, so the amp is pointed toward your head not your knees onstage. Or at practice. Should also help with getting feedback.

Here's mine I made from PVC, had the pipe laying around, had to buy a few fittings. Pipe and all it should cost under $10.

IMGP27118 by Paleo Pete, on Flickr

And with the amp on it.

IMGP27115 by Paleo Pete, on Flickr

It will handle an amp that weighs a lot more than this 30LB Champ. I didn't glue the front legs in, so I can change them for longer ones if I need to. So far they have worked great, I've used it onstage at least 30 times, it works perfect. Standing 10 feet away it's pointed right at my ears instead of my knees.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Last edited by Paleo Pete at Aug 20, 2016,
The more cranked the amp is (output tubes running hot and more gain/drive) then the easier it will be to get feedback. Also the closer you are to the amp, facing the amp like others have said, ensuring the volume is dialed right up on your guitar. You should get some gnarly feedback. You can also practice moving around in front of your amp once you have some nice feedback ring going, you can actually play notes with feedback, ala Steve Vai style.
-Signature Stratocaster 'Super Galaxy'
-2015 Ibanez RG655 Prestige
-1990 Jackson Fusion Pro (MIJ), Customized w/ JB, Vintage Rails & Little '59. Kill-switch mod replacing the mid-sweep.

Orange OR15
Orange PPC2x12
Effects: Vox Satchurator, Fullton Fatboost FB3, Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah, Boss Waza Craft DM-2w Delay, Boss Super Chorus CH-1, Boss GE-7 Equalizer