hey guys(first post)

so I have an Ibanez GIO electric guitar, and the Bridge pickup is damaged in some way. It sounds quite terrible in any situation.
I need to get a CHEAP(20-40$) bridge pickup, not for long-term use or recording, I just need one so my guitar is passable for the time being. I found plenty of 10$ pickups from China on eBay, but of course I dont trust them.

Like I said, I just want it to sound passable, eventually Id like to rock some EMG 81s or something, but thats further down the line when I can afford a better guitar. Im not playing in a band, or recording anything serious, id just like to be able to use my Guitar with my Amp/Recorder/Pedals and have them function lol. I like to play in a Neo-Classical/Melodic Metal style, if that matters, which I doubt it does in my "price range."

(I know the most common suggestion is going to be "just buy a new guitar", well I cant right now, I plan on buying a new guitar in 6-9 months, but I cant afford it as of now)

Thanks!
Hey, I'm Ray. I play an Ibanez electric. I like to play in a Classical/Melodic/Neoclassical Metal style. Im no super-shredder, but ill get there one day.
Your best bet if you are in the USA is to check out GFS, they are cheap but from what I have heard great pickups for the price, some even say great pickups full stop.
My Gear:
Ibanez Jet King 2
Ibanez RGDIX7 MPB
Ibanez GRG 7221
OLP John Petrucci
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
Squier Stratocaster (modified)
Harley Benton CLD-41S (Acoustic)

Peavey Vypyr 30.

Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender Reverb
N1ghtmar3C1n3ma checking them out now, thanks alot!
Hey, I'm Ray. I play an Ibanez electric. I like to play in a Classical/Melodic/Neoclassical Metal style. Im no super-shredder, but ill get there one day.
dspellman Massachusetts (USA)
Possibly an old HOTCH epiphone humbucker?
Squire Bullet Tele
Vintage LemonDrop
Marshall DSL40c w/V30
MXR 10-band EQ
BOSS Enhancer Eh-2
Quote by kabadi.man

These are terrible. My Ibanez had this pickup, swapped it out years ago. A GFS pickup is a huge upgrade over this one. There's also Axetec in the UK but I'm not sure you can get them in the US.
i THINK im gonna go for the GFS crunchy rails on Friday. I really go for an Alexi Laiho type sound, so that seems to be my best option.
unrelated note, this will be my first time installing my own pickups, if you know a good howto video drop the link, it would be appreciated! thanks guys
Quote by raylacasse
i THINK im gonna go for the GFS crunchy rails on Friday.

Check out Dragonfire's pickups. They're fairly cheap and apparently they sound good. They've got rails and invaders and all that. I almost got a pair of the dragonfire crusaders but I decided to go with Wilde L500XLs instead because I like it hot.
Who needs shred when you've got rhythm guitar? :^)
Guitars:
Jackson King V (With a Wilde L500XL in the bridge)
Ibanez Iron Label RGIX27FEQM (7-string)
I got some of those $10 chinese zebra pickups, i think from tubesandmore.com. they sound nice for the price.
adexderyeah GFS and Dragonfire are the 2 that really caught my eyes, alot of people who have them swear by them(Both)
still not final decision, gonna grab em Friday
Those gfs lipstick pickups look snazzy. Does anyone have a set of the humbuckers?
Last edited by geo-rage at Aug 29, 2016,
i actually had to put if off for a week, still havent decided between Dragonfire X2N Style Power Rails, GFS Crunchy Rails and Guitarhead Megametal humbuckers... but im leaning towards the Dragonfire Power Rails
Guitarhead Megametal humbuckers have a pretty good review history.

Dragonfire seems to be decent, but have been only mildly impressed with the older set i have
(can't remember which models they are).

Youtube has video reviews, but ehh. You can never tell what they really sound like through a video.

I would be torn between the two. I'm sure you will enjoy whichever ones you get.
RavenWest 1000Q/Schecter neck
ibanez RG3EXFM1 /Dimarzio Evolution
Martin Stinger ST-4 /Kona Strat neck
Martin Stinger ST-2
Squire DG-9 acoustic
Jay Turser JT Slimmer
Bugera 333
2x12 homemade cab
Marshall AVT150H head
B-52 4x12 cab
Ikenshi1967I just ordered the Dragonfires last night, someone I know has a set and let me give it a whirl, but i know what you mean, i couldnt really tell until i actually heard them in person... the Youtube videos i watched were somewhat misleading, the general tone cant really be heard through a low-res video from a camera mic lol, but thanks
well use his LTD with 2 dragonfire pickups i mean lol^