Page 1 of 2
So like, whenever I meet someone and I become really good friends with them, we'll talk a lot. Like everyday a lot. And its like idk, I'll never actually get bored of talking to this person or anything like that. I feel like I could just continue talking to them forever. But like, after a while, I feel like it just kinda fizzles out??? Like? It's not that I don't want to talk to this person anymore, but like, and for a while I'll make a conscious effort to try and still talk to them, but it's like? I literally lose the ability to talk to them. Like after a while, I don't even have anything left to say to them at all. Like it's not even that I get bored of them or something, I just literally don't know how to talk to them anymore. It's hard to explain. Like this one person I've been friends with for a while, and like I REALLY like this person in general like I don't think they could ever do wrong by me, but I just don't know how to talk to her anymore. Like for a while talking to her was the most effortless thing in the world for me, but now idk. I'm rambling and I dunno how else I can explain this. Anyone else had this sort of feeling, dealt with this kind of thing?
¯\_()_/¯
On a serious note, that usually happens to me when I like someone, but then I realise I don't like that person enough to talk to on a daily basis, which is what happens with most of my friends. I have two or three friends with whom I have no problems with talking everyday, but with all my other friends, who are people whom I really like ( otherwise, I wouldn't call them my friends ), I don't feel like I could engage on that sort of intense relationship. If you try to avoid your natural reaction, it'll only be forced, and eventually come across as so, and it's a close call for you to get tired of this person, which is usually unfortunate, because, as you said, you like her.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
yeah there's lots of great people around but people who you click with long-term are really rare and important and you should cherish them
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by CaptainCanti
So like,

Quote by CaptainCanti
But like, after a while I feel like it just kinda fizzles out??? Like?

Quote by CaptainCanti
and for a while I'll make a conscious effort to try and still talk to them, but it's like?

LIKE WHAT?!
There's a certain irony in rambling on about how you don't know what to talk about.

You can't force convo, canti. It's a two way thing that's supposed to happen naturally.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
ask and answer questions better.

Also try to guide her a bit if she's the problem.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
You can't force convo, canti. It's a two way thing that's supposed to happen naturally.

but i'm afraid that if i don't at least try to make convo, even if its forced, she'll eventually just pop outta my life completely and that would prob be worse than anything else
¯\_()_/¯
but for real, unless it's someone that you hang out with IRL a lot, or you both have really interesting lives, then naturally you're going to run out of things to talk about after a while. this happens to most friendships over time.

don't feel bad about letting people slip in and out of your life, and doing the same in others' lives. it's natural with changing interests, life situations, etc.

Quote by CaptainCanti
but i'm afraid that if i don't at least try to make convo, even if its forced, she'll eventually just pop outta my life completely and that would prob be worse than anything else

see, here is the real issue. if you have to start the conversations all the time and she doesn't reciprocate, then maybe she doesn't feel the same way about your friendship that you do. but you need to accept that and learn to be okay with it because people come and go.
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Aug 18, 2016,
Quote by CaptainCanti
Even worse, you can't force people to stay in your life. I know it sounds cold, but no matter how much you like them, they may leave you without a word someday.

If it happens, then try to just appreciate the time you had and enjoy the memories. It helps. But it's a situation you can't control.
Quote by snipelfritz

Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Aug 19, 2016,
Quote by CaptainCanti
So like, whenever I meet someone and I become really good friends with them, we'll talk a lot. Like everyday a lot. And its like idk, I'll never actually get bored of talking to this person or anything like that. I feel like I could just continue talking to them forever. But like, after a while, I feel like it just kinda fizzles out??? Like? It's not that I don't want to talk to this person anymore, but like, and for a while I'll make a conscious effort to try and still talk to them, but it's like? I literally lose the ability to talk to them. Like after a while, I don't even have anything left to say to them at all. Like it's not even that I get bored of them or something, I just literally don't know how to talk to them anymore. It's hard to explain. Like this one person I've been friends with for a while, and like I REALLY like this person in general like I don't think they could ever do wrong by me, but I just don't know how to talk to her anymore. Like for a while talking to her was the most effortless thing in the world for me, but now idk. I'm rambling and I dunno how else I can explain this. Anyone else had this sort of feeling, dealt with this kind of thing?

Is this a subliminal attempt to get us to like your post?
There are literally zero friends I make an effort to talk to everyday, & I love all my friends.

but wait are you talking about friends or a girl you have feelings for?
Last edited by neidnarb11890 at Aug 19, 2016,
Also, is

she fit?
Quote by snipelfritz

Like I think it sounds like, maybe from like their perspective, like maybe you're like doing them a favor.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Yeah like I kinda get what you mean and stuff like
Quote by Anonymous
My favorite sex position is called "WOW". That's where I flip your MOM over.
when things like this happens it is less to do with them and more to do with me being a boring person/ waste of space
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
LIKE WHAT?!

Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
You don't have to speak to someone every day. If you've got nothing to talk about, it's okay, you can still be friends and it's fine not chatting for a while.

Those friends who you have nothing to really discuss, but you can make a conversation with....they're the keepers.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
A few years ago I spent every single day of the summer with one of my friends and I haven't spoken to her since lol
cat
yeah i think if you spend too much time with someone you can start to dislike them
I know exactly what you're talking about and I'm dealing with that exact thing myself... then again all I do is play video games, watch movies and listen to music so its expected I run out of things to say.
This used to happen to me. The end result was extreme bonding, then there's the sex, then there's the extreme bondage (ok not really) and then we pretend we never knew each other. Doesn't help if you easily attach to emotionally damaged people but hey

solution: pace yourself. Friendship is pretty easily treated as a series of weighted scales, though the people who dive into it that literally are usually the ones you want to avoid
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Maybe the reason you feel like you could talk to them forever is that you keep prolonging the conversation with how many times you use "like" as a filler.
Free Ali
Quote by CaptainCanti

Thus proving you talk a lot without actually saying much.
Free Ali
As my mother keeps telling my brother, "You exchange a lot of sound that contains minimal information"
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Talking with a person is making sound. Sound is a vibration, and human relations are like a vibration. When the the two of you are sympathetic it amplifies. Go out of sync. Even a liite and its flat line.
Last edited by geo-rage at Aug 19, 2016,
Quote by geo-rage
Talking with a person is making sound. Sound is a vibration, and human relations are like a vibration. When the the two of you are sympathetic it amplifies. Go out of sync. Even a liite and its flat line.

Reading this reminded me of that time I went and saw Anton Chekhov's Three Sisters performed on the stage, I recall sitting in the stalls, taking in the atmosphere and thinking, just thinking,

This is shite
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Quote by seventh_angel
^This is one of the most unnecessarily overly metaphorical answers I've ever read.

And wrong too
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by geo-rage

lol
Quote by neidnarb11890
but wait are you talking about friends or a girl you have feelings for?

ya cause if this is about a minor crush then it's pretty expected
i don't know why i feel so dry
Really, though, it makes sense that if you're talking to someone incessantly that you eventually run out of things to say.
Free Ali
Quote by i_lovemetallica
Reading this reminded me of that time I went and saw Anton Chekhov's Three Sisters performed on the stage, I recall sitting in the stalls, taking in the atmosphere and thinking, just thinking,

This is shite

Nice. I watched your three sisters Chekov me.
Free Ali
I find that waving your carrot in front of prospective friends usually results in a bond for life.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Page 1 of 2