Poll: Metallica "Hardwired" - hit or miss?
Poll Options
View poll results: Metallica "Hardwired" - hit or miss?
Hit!
55 50%
Miss
36 33%
I don't know - I'm waiting for the Tool album
19 17%
Voters: 110.
It's finally coming!.. Metallica will release their double album called "Hardwired... To Self Destruct" on November 18... yes, THIS year!

Of course, we're all waiting for it - but right now 'Tallica already released the album's lead single "Hardwired" (you can check the official video below).

So, what do you think of it, guys?

Please share your thoughts - and here's the poll above)

First listen - not bad, thrashy, fast, short, solo feels unfinished, vocals nothing amazing but fit the song, lyrics... meh 6/10
After quite a few listens - I can definitely enjoy this at a show, riffs are great, solo actually fits quite well but wish it ended satisfyingly, lyrics still suck. 8/10

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

The video is really stupid.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Very bland. Why have Hammett's solos regressed in quality so badly. Did he have a stroke?

It's a bit like listening to a Metallica tribute band - a few dads who've been binging on Ride the Lightning, and play Metallica songs at the pub on the weekend. Everyone gets drunk, sings along, has a good time. Except that its the actual Metallica doing this.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
It doesn't really do anything
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
It sucks as much as Tool.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Miss, pass, meh. They're riding off their big name. If they put out this material without their name, no one would bat an eyelash at them.

How to do thrash without sounding sterile:

It's like...I get that Metallica are a big deal. But what the fuck are they doing? Dick. That's what. They aren't re-inventing wheel or even putting chrome on that shit. They're doing dick all. They had a killer sound in the 80s, why they changed it I have no idea. Even Master of Puppets was a "clean" sounding album and it still had some really killer moments on it.
the bass drum sounds obnoxious and doesn't fit with their music
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I was actually surprised! At all the hype. It was okay, the production was all right, I did hate the vocals. At this point, Metallica's not elevating the genre, so why get so excited over the band when there are new bands out there actually doing something novel? There's the nostalgia, yes, but just look at Megadeth or Testament. They've been around nearly as long as Metallica and continue to deliver very solid albums without even close to this much hype.

Someone said that if this song were released by an unknown band no one would have cared. As cliche as that sounds, it is absolutely true. I wish Metallica would actually write a song and secretly approach some unknown band to play and release it and see if anyone cares... actually, that would probably work with most popular bands...

Nevertheless, mediocre at best.
Mediocre. Not offensively awful and unlistenable, but instead a C-grade clone of their former selves. Like others have said, the hype and praise is merely because it was Metallica who made the song.
Sounds like really boring, uninspired thrash metal played by people who haven't listened to a metal band in 20 years. That album art is goddamn stupid, though.
Not excited at all.
The song itself is fast, might be good live too, but nothing really interesting riff wise...or anything else..

A bit sad to see the band that got me hooked to heavy metal (more or less) be so insipid and uninspired.
Could never stand Tool.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Tool is a very self aware name.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
So a moderator comes in here and posts a sticky for Metallica? How lame.

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Can't get past the guitar tone.. I hate it. I havent listened to Metallica since reload though so maybe that's their sound now.

Also would sound way better tuned down a bit

EDIT: The mix/production is dodgy too. Has potential but you'd think a band like Metallica would be a bit past the "has potential" stage by now
Last edited by sam b at Aug 22, 2016,
It's not horrible. Just sounds like a Death Magnetic bonus track or something.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
it's a pretty solid tune, so much better than what they've been doing during the last years, and even better considering:

-they're in their 50's
-we're on our 30/40's (not 17 anymore ppl)
Age hasn't stopped Manilla Road, Pagan Altar etc. Lame excuse. They also aren't being forced to release shit. People are only forgiving of this for the name alone.

Boring as hell.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
James' guitar tone makes me want to slap him. It has sounded "choked" for quite a while now. He needs to turn up the gain a little more. His "crunch" is all but completely gone. It has no balls at all.
I like it
Not keen on the chorus lyrics and solo felt pointless, but it was still good

hoping the rest of the album will be better though
Quote by enry.arias
it's a pretty solid tune, so much better than what they've been doing during the last years, and even better considering:

-they're in their 50's
-we're on our 30/40's (not 17 anymore ppl)

Bullshit excuses that don't make up for a garbage track.
Kirk is making the effort. I mean, there's 3 wah pedals in a row in his signal.

I hope it goes on the radio and the chorus just sounds like

"We are so ....... out of luck!
They don't sleep anymore on the beach..
Sounds like a mix between "Repentless" and "My will be done" by Slayer and Unearth. But its somehow... not that heavy.... Even BFMV has heavier songs
3/10 IMHO.
That which is unknown and unseen always commands the greatest fear. -Dictatus Culexis

If they stand beside you, give them respect. If they stand behind you, give them protection. If they stand against you, SHOW THEM NO MERCY!
They should just retire and move on with their lives, the world really doesn't need anymore Murhtallica. I was going to say while they still have their dignity but nevermind they don't have any.
Last edited by Falsehammer at Sep 1, 2016,
Great song with a trademark Metallica break riff. Can't wait to hear the album.
I'm really not sure how that's even a question. That song was crap, and I can't see people listening to that kind of thing often if it WASN'T by Metallica. Generic pizza thrash by any standard. A shame, really.
I think the song is more Motörhead/punk than traditional speed metal. With a Metallica spin on it.