Hi, so once and for all I want to set a good left-handed 7 strings guitar, mid-range price.

I plan to buy 7 string left handed guitar and consider ec-407.
I heard how it sounds on youtube and I am not satisfied with the sound quality.
Is it just bad videos or it's really a bad guitar and not worth it's price? I live in australia and here it costs $1600. Maybe I can spend a bit more and get 2-3 times better quality guitar?
Can you show me any good quality records made with ec-407?
Sucks that you live in Australia where everything is so expensive. $1600 AUS for an 400 LTD is nuts.

With that said, personally I'd get a 1000 series LTD as they're better made. But I can understand that you're constrained by price.

I place about as much merit on youtube videos to showcase a guitar's tone about as much as I would a psychic fortune teller. The amp, the cabinet and the way they were recorded is going to make a far, far greater difference to the tone than the guitar ever will. Fact is, the 407 is yet another vanilla thin-necked les paul copy with EMG's. There's half a million of those kinds of guitars out there and the LTD itself is hardly going to sound any different from any of them.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 19, 2016,
Dude no one can tell you if its worth the 1600 bucks, go play it and see if you're willing to pay that much for it. Any ESP 400 series guitar is gonna be roadworthy, gig worthy and studio worthy as far as quality. The rest is kind of up to you.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
Last edited by RBM01991 at Aug 19, 2016,
T00DEEPBLUE
Yes. Really sucks. LTD EC 1000 actually costs cheaper than EC407 here lol. But I am afraid it is not so metal and more like some all-rounder Gibson.
Also, I am looking for a 7-string.
RBM01991
Maybe there are better guitars? What about LTD MH-417, Schecter Diamond Platinum 7 and Blackjack SLS/ATX(what's the difference?)-7 (active or passive)?
Quote by Tremor_Suicide
T00DEEPBLUE
Yes. Really sucks. LTD EC 1000 actually costs cheaper than EC407 here lol. But I am afraid it is not so metal and more like some all-rounder Gibson.
Also, I am looking for a 7-string.

There's absolutely nothing to suggest in the specs that a 1000 Series LTD can do what you intend to do. Yet they're better quality guitars than the 400 series.

Does it have to be an Eclipse? You can get something like an H1007.
Quote by Tremor_Suicide
RBM01991
Maybe there are better guitars? What about LTD MH-417, Schecter Diamond Platinum 7 and Blackjack SLS/ATX(what's the difference?)-7 (active or passive)?

Do you actually know what you specifically want in terms of pickups or are you blindly guessing? You're also mentioning guitars that are all of different price ranges.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 22, 2016,
I don't know how good this is to you, but I found an EC407 here for 1100

https://www.musoscorner.com.au/guitars/electric-guitars/7-string-guitars/buy/esp
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
ive seen the explorer ones as low as $199 used.
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
T00DEEPBLUE

>Does it have to be an Eclipse? You can get something like an H1007.
Any brand/model can do
>You're also mentioning guitars that are all of different price ranges
Just one more weird australian stuff, they all cost about the same here
>or are you blindly guessing?
This.
just want a good sound for djent and I am a total newfag in technical aspects of guitars
So guys. I dont like the looks of the Hellraiser C-7 LH for 1000 - it is Cherry Black, not metal at all. But it's just $1067
And there is LTD MH-417 of the same price. I am okay with the looks, not my dream ofcourse, but it looks okay. But I am afraid that it's quality and sound are not so good as Hellraiser
I believe the C7 uses EMG 707 pickups. I want to say the 417 does, but don't quote me on that.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Quote by Tremor_Suicide
T00DEEPBLUE

>Does it have to be an Eclipse? You can get something like an H1007.
Any brand/model can do

Then I suggest looking at what Ibanez and Jackson offer in the same price range. They may sell something that's more viable for your situation.
or are you blindly guessing?
This.
just want a good sound for djent and I am a total newfag in technical aspects of guitars

Then best thing for you to do is get your butt down to a guitar store and to try a ton of guitars out. There's no other way to truly know what you like before buying anything otherwise. I cannot stress enough how important that is.
Quote by Tremor_Suicide
So guys. I dont like the looks of the Hellraiser C-7 LH for 1000 - it is Cherry Black, not metal at all. But it's just $1067
And there is LTD MH-417 of the same price. I am okay with the looks, not my dream ofcourse, but it looks okay. But I am afraid that it's quality and sound are not so good as Hellraiser

I think being so decisive on what guitar to buy based on its colour is a pretty arbitrary measuring stick for buying one. Again, going down to a guitar store and actually playing guitars will help to correct your priorities.
Quote by TheSennaj
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 24, 2016,
Unfortunately this is not an option for my city. There are only about 20 left handed guitars in the whole state.
It still might benefit you to sit down and try holding them. If it was a Squire Bullet...ok, whatever, but a Hellraiser or 417 is a ways away in price.

It isn't perfect, but you aren't coming out with unlimited funds, so getting a feel for either guitar seems like a good move. Before dropping that sorta cash.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer