Need a few pickup shouts for a sort of pickup that can be noiseless, powerful enough to just do hard rock without losing the cleans and strat sound i'd like for indie/jazz to go into my stratocaster. Cheers.
Lace Alumitones.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 19, 2016,
Lace also makes a TON of more conventional but killer strat pickups with various levels of noise suppression.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
What amp are you running through? B/M/N??
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Aug 19, 2016,
Is this an SSS strat?

Yes.

What amp are you running through? B/M/N??

Not sure what those initials stand for but i'm running through a Laney VC30212 full valve. To the Lace guys, i'll check those out, i've heard about the lace gold but didn't really connect with them.
^ what strat do you have? i'm not saying you shouldn't swap the pickups, but if the pickups are decent already (they might not be, depending on the strat), I'd be tempted to swap speakers before pickups (unless you've already done that). or at least strongly consider upgrading both the speakers and the pickups if you have your heart set on new pickups as well

also, do yoi mainly use the neck and middle pickups for those cleaner tones? if you do, that makes things a lot easier since you can whack a hotter bridge pickup into the guitar for the heavier tones but use lower output neck and middle pickups for those lighter tones you need...

EDIT: also for heavier tones, using an od as a boost can help (again, assuming you're not already doing this). something in the tubescreamer or boss sd1 vein, which add mids, can help with strat-style pickups which are a bit thinner- and more scooped-sounding than humbuckers.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 20, 2016,