I'm looking to replace a bolt on neck on my guitar. What i haven't been able to figure out is how to know what type of neck will fit. What measurements do i need to know? Is it the width of the pocket or what? Does the scale length need to be the same? Not a single tutorial i have read has addressed the measurements they all seem to just assume you have a perfect fitting neck. Some help would be much appreciated.
It's a b.c. rich warlock revenge. I want to put a strat or tele neck on it if possible. It would be pretty unique.
Good point i will get some sort of 24 fret neck then. Will any 24 fit on it? Do i need the pocket width or what? Thanks for the info.
I had a quick look, and the only ones I could find were fender style necks the were just a standard 21-fret with a big fretboard extension overhanging the back of the neck:

http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/FretboardExtensions.aspx

You need one where the neck itself goes past 23 frets, and I couldn't find anything like that. I suppose you could modify one of the extended 21-fret necks if you had the woodworking skills, by adding a block of wood under the extension.
I definately won't be able to do that so the fender option is out. I found out my scale length 25 1/2". Will any neck with this scale length fit? I just need to know how to tell if a neck will fit before i order something.
I believe BCR, along with new Schecter, ESP, and most Peaveys, are not easy for neck swaps. The 24 fret can be deal with, there are 24 fret Fender necks, but I don't think those necks fit a BC Rich.
Be careful what you look for. Your guitar is a 25.5 scale.
Not sure what the neck pocket width is, but looks like a square heel.
so;
25.5 scale (from that model Warlock specs)
----------width of neck pocket / (neck 55.4 mm from what i could find)
shape of heel. Depth of heel associated with screw points.

good place to start if you want to find something not BC
RavenWest 1000Q/Schecter neck
ibanez RG3EXFM1 /Dimarzio Evolution
Martin Stinger ST-4 /Kona Strat neck
Martin Stinger ST-2
Squire DG-9 acoustic
Jay Turser JT Slimmer
Bugera 333
2x12 homemade cab
Marshall AVT150H head
B-52 4x12 cab
Last edited by kenshi1967 at Sep 8, 2016,
its a bitch. i gave up projects like this a long time ago. it will be VERY hard (as you have seen) to find something that will fit, and that you will like.

i would keep it as is, maybe get it refretted if you need that. i suppose you could possibly radius the board too if you want something different. you also could take meat off of the back of the neck (if you want it thinner) but tread carefully, you can't go back after you take it off.

good luck! sorry i couldn't be more of a help.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
also, i forgot to add that i have two really beautiful bodies that are really nice looking, fancy woods, etc. that i bought 10 years ago, and i can't find a neck for them. so unfortunately they are wall decor. but they are pretty nonetheless. i can to a degree feel your pain.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/