G'Day,
I'm upgrading my pedalboard into one similar to the Pedaltrain Classic 2; I love the design and look of these, the only problem is, I live in Australia and the cheapest model I can find online or in stores is $450. That's a little bit (A LOT) out of my budget. So I'm planning on building my own out of aluminium, but I need to know some of the measurements of the real thing so I can design it properly.
My main concern is that I want to use the Voodoo Lab brackets that Pedaltrain sell so I can mount my power supply underneath and hence need to know the measurements of the bar-work of the board. So if anyone has a recent Pedaltrain model, would you be able to give it a quick measure and let me know. I don't think you need classic 2, I'm pretty sure all angled Pedaltrain models have similar measurements.

I mainly need to know the width of the bars and the vertical distance between them, the bars that I have coloured the same colour I assume are the same size. Picture is shown above.

I also would like to know the height and space between the two horizontal bars on the front as indicated above.

Thanks heaps everyone, if you could help, even with just a couple measurements, I would be very grateful.
Last edited by gwynney 66 at Aug 20, 2016,
Do not worry about the dimensions too much. Get the power supply and pedals and use the dimensions that work with your setup. Use 25mm square section with a thin wall to avoid too much weight.
i agree.

i have made three boards out of reclaimed wood recently (about 100 years old) that my business pulled out of a house. they are not going anywhere any time soon. the slats are about 1 7/8" wide, with about a 1 1/4" in between. cut some ends, screw the slats on.

you can use whatever, just make sure it is wide and long enough to support your needs.

Quote by Gab_Azz
Do not worry about the dimensions too much. Get the power supply and pedals and use the dimensions that work with your setup. Use 25mm square section with a thin wall to avoid too much weight.

+1 do what works for you.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I find wood to be very difficult to work with I prefer using metals. Maybe because at school we were thought that 'wood is not an engineering material' so I never got the skill of working wood. Also, wood is all imported here so it is relatively expensive to buy.
Maybe because at school we were thought that 'wood is not an engineering material'

Load of crap.

You're making a pedalboard, not the space shuttle. People don't need high strength materials and precision machining for the vast majority of DIY jobs they do. This is no exception.

Not to discourage you from doing what you want, but most wood is far easier to work with than metals and the tools you require to work on it are far less costly.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Aug 21, 2016,
A wooden pedalboard can easily do the job, though it'll probably be heavier. I've got one that's a fair bit larger than the Classic 2, and it's absolutely tough enough, and readily modified.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Load of crap.

You're making a pedalboard, not the space shuttle. People don't need high strength materials and precision machining for the vast majority of DIY jobs they do. This is no exception.

Not to discourage you from doing what you want, but most wood is far easier to work with than metals and the tools you require to work on it are far less costly.

couldn't agree with you more.

personally i would rather work with wood than metal (but i can weld a little bit), but that is a pure mater of preference/opinion.

also anodizing is more expensive than finishing wood.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/