Hello everyone!
First off, i'm new to this forum, so sorry if i'm breaking any rules, that is not my intention

I'm looking for a beginners guitar, and i found a guitar near me for a fairly low price, but i can't find any information on it. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me identify it. Here are some pictures:

I can get it for around 100$ including the amp (Park G10), does that sound like a fair price? Any input is appreciated!

Thanks a lot!
Last edited by william.brochner at Aug 20, 2016,
I mean, it's a cheap Strat copy. Probably made overseas and probably not the easiest to play.

What is your location, budget, are you willing to buy used, do you need an amp and what kind of music do you play? What kind of sounds do you want to be able to produce when you start learning?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
yeah very cheap strat copy. for a total beginner it might not be to bad but I doubt it will stay in tune very well. the amp is not total crap but not a lot better.

keep in mind that even used a guitar setup for $100 comes under the heading of you get what you pay for.
It's a cheap strat copy, probably made in china. it's not gonna be an amazing guitar but should be good enough to learn the basics on.
Welcome to the forum.

I've got nothing against cheap guitars - my favourite cost Oz$65 at the local hock shop - and that one looks OK from the pics, but who knows? Buying such things come down to price and experience.The tuners are very cheap, and I wouldn't buy it personally because of the vintage stagger pickups, but I doubt that would worry a beginner.
Thank you for all the answers! I think the general consensus is that it's kind of garbage ^^

I've found a couple other guitars for around the same price, and if you could help me decide which one would be the best, i would be very grateful! They all cost around the same and are used:

1)
A marshall mg15cf and an epiphone les paul junior

2)
A squire showmaster and a fender amp (Not sure which one)

*This one's a little cheaper than the others

3)
A squire stratocaster with a roland 405 amp

*This one's a little more expensive

I don't have the possibility of trying them out as they're all quite far away. I will not be playing anything extremely heavy music, mostly AC/DC, Red hot etc., but to be honest i'm not really shure what i'm going to play as a start

Which one would you recommend as the best one for a beginner?
Thank you, and sorry about the long post
Hmmmm. Well, a friend of mine bought the Squier Strat starter pack and seems to like it a great deal, on the other hand he's a rank novice with no real comparative knowledge on guitars. I've heard they are pretty good for the money from other folks as well.

Regarding the Epiphone: I own the slightly higher end model (LP Special II) and I love it. Yeah, it's cheap but it plays quite well. In general I think Epiphone puts out a pretty good product for the money.

I think a new player would be content with any of the three, provided the action is good. Squier/Epiphone put out those starter kits with guitars like that and they are extremely popular. I think you'd probably be okay with any of them as long as your expectations are reasonable. I'd consider the guitars to be roughly equivalent...maybe let the amp should be decider (which amp you like best).
TobusRex Thank you for the answer! I was Just about to buy the Epiphone, but then i got another offer, and if anyone could give me sine advice on the best choice i would appreciate it! (And sorry for reviving the thread).

Anyways, as i Said, i was originalt going to buy the Epiphone LP Junior for 151 dollars including a Marshall mg15cf. The other guitar is a Washburn wr150 including a Roland cube 30x for 243 dollars, also used. It has really good reciews on ultimate guitar, but is it a Fair price, and which one would you choose?

Best regards William, and thanks for the advice
1. I like the Squier/Roland combo the best (most $$ of course). Legit gear beyond starter pak status.
2. Epi LP Jr is a nice low $$ axe, the Marshall MG amp is a doorstop. Haggle for just the guitar.
3. Blue Squier HSS is a good axe, Fender Frontman is ok if you play Country and Western only. Haggle for everything but the amp.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Thanks for the help everyone, ended up picking up a washburn wi64. Now i just need to decide the amp (Here we go again
I can get a Peavey Valveking 212 and a Peavey Vypyr 30 for around the same price, which one would, sound quality-wise be the best?

Appreciate the feedback!
Well it really depends on what you're looking for. The Valveking is a decent amp but the Vypyr has more built in (as in effects etc...) so if you're looking to get multiple sounds then it's not a bad deal.

Personally if they were both the same price I would probably go for the VK but it really depends on the kind of music I play and what I am looking to do with the amp. (play at home vs playing live, do I need FX etc...)
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Well it really depends on what you're looking for. The Valveking is a decent amp but the Vypyr has more built in (as in effects etc...) so if you're looking to get multiple sounds then it's not a bad deal.

Personally if they were both the same price I would probably go for the VK but it really depends on the kind of music I play and what I am looking to do with the amp. (play at home vs playing live, do I need FX etc...)

the VK in the long run would be the better amp but yeah it depends on what you want to do as well. keep in mind that it is a 100 watt amp so cranking it might piss off a few neighbors. if both the same price then either the Vypyr is way over priced or the VK is a great deal. as mentioned the vypyr does have a lot of buitlt in fx etc and would make a fine practice amp but it's not really suitable for band purposes. yes I know you are a beginner but dwon the road you won't be.
That fender showmaster with fender amp...that amp looks like a fender frontman15. That amp sounds good clean and sounds like absolute crap on the gain channel. It also sounds 100 percent better with a better speaker if you plan to use the gain channel and it even has a external jack, if it is a frontman. Id give 100 or maybe 159 for that set max. And you will need a better amp fast. The roland set looks classy but you dont get a humbucker and the jr you dont get a bridge pickup. So imo any of these that come close to 100usd is ok and the more goodies you get the better, strap cords etc.... oh you got a washburn... why not get the vk212. That sounds like an amp that will last a lifetime and it has tubes which everyone seems to like. I hear the vyper sounds wonderful but it looks highly breakable.
Last edited by geo-rage at Aug 23, 2016,
Quote by geo-rage
That fender showmaster with fender amp...that amp looks like a fender frontman15. That amp sounds good clean and sounds like absolute crap on the gain channel. It also sounds 100 percent better with a better speaker if you plan to use the gain channel and it even has a external jack, if it is a frontman. Id give 100 or maybe 159 for that set max. And you will need a better amp fast. The roland set looks classy but you dont get a humbucker and the jr you dont get a bridge pickup. So imo any of these that come close to 100usd is ok and the more goodies you get the better, strap cords etc.... oh you got a washburn... why not get the vk212. That sounds like an amp that will last a lifetime and it has tubes which everyone seems to like. I hear the vyper sounds wonderful but it looks highly breakable.
I'm pretty shure that i'm going for the valveking, as it seems to be the best deal. The only problem about it, is that the seller says that the fuses sometimes go off, but that seems to be a minor concern. Thanks for the help